It is currently 16 Apr 2024 16:01

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009 16:27 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
Few good things going on down here this weekend............

Hampshire Pageant of Motoring in Romsey Sunday/Monday
http://www.hampshirepageantofmotoring.co.uk/

Goodwood breakfast club‘
Thoroughbred Sunday – the Quintessential Classic Car and Motorcycle’
http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/content/ ... Diary.aspx

Isle of Wight scooter rally :roll:

Great Dorset steam fair, huffing and puffing machinery and classics.
http://www.gdsf.co.uk/

Sammy Miller classic run through New Forest all manner of vintage and veteran stuff chugging round forest (bit like last weekend but classic stuff :P )

And not forgetting Ace cafe Harley Buell thingy where chelsea bridge comes to the Ace

Some great photo opportunities this weekend........................shame Mirman will be trying to start the Alfa :lol:

Plus no doubt many more. :yup:

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009 20:17 

air display at dunsfold as well

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2009 09:29 

[quote="deepsix"]

Some great photo opportunities this weekend........................shame Mirman will be trying to start the Alfa :lol:

Oi, ain't you got a treasure chest to dive on somewhere or a Mermaid to visit . . . .

Starting the Alfa indeed :lol: Actually it does start just needs one sensor changing and thats on order and being done next week :yup:

I will be at the Scooter rally :oooops: (supporting the Bro in law who will be there and getting some more classic scooter shots, probably sold more Scooter photos than any others this past year) and hopefully Goodwood Breakfast club over weekend.

Other southern events:
Monday Stubbington Summer fayre on, traditional stalls, donkey rides, dog show and some classic cars.

Stokes Bay Gosport Monday, classic car show on the waterfront.

Porstmouth Sat and Sun, international kite festival, big colourful and shaped kites. Free.

Portsmouth Sunday, 1pm onwards at the bandstand by the waterfront nr the castle. Abba and Take that tribute bands in concert, Free.

Back to the Alfa, spent yesterday polishing the engine chrome bits :D 8-) If you have not seen an Alfa V6 engine they are a piece of art, like a buell you can see its an engine and not just a plastic cover hiding something. (look one up 24v v6). Now where can I get a clear plastic bonnet :lol:

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2009 10:28 

Steam Fair's NEXT weekend. And I can't bastid make it which has pissed me off big time.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2009 15:41 

chris(madrid) wrote:
Steam Fair's NEXT weekend. And I can't bastid make it which has pissed me off big time.

That must be why it looked a bit quiet when I drove by yesterday then :oooops:

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2009 15:44 

Mirmanuk wrote:

I will be at the Scooter rally :oooops: . Now where can I get a clear plastic bonnet :lol:

Might get beaten up by some Mods if you go to one of their events wearing a bonnet :shock:

Loads of Scooterists spotted making their way south today, they seem to like their rallys
and travel miles.

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009 09:09 
A grey tide eel

But at least they have the chance of riding those gilera runners and the big scooters these days. Remember blasting past some 20 odd years ago on the motorway going to Brighton and they were on vespas struggling to do 50 two up. Bumped into them later in Brighton and thye had come from Blackpool to Brighton most of them 2 up and all with camping gear.
Scooterists are proper hardcore.

Piaggio X8 400ie
Yamaha XTZ750 Super Tenere (x2)
Suzuki GSXR750WR
BSA B441VS
FJR1300

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009 09:13 

Strangely enough there is a big scooter rally in Brighton this weekend too. Two stroke smog will descend over the whole south coast then :D

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009 22:28 

Yep scooters everywhere, and yes their was a Buell riding through Ryde today. anyone here? A fueller with small panniers, black bike?

Like Daywalker said, Scoots are hardcore, some there from Scotland, Blackpool, Yorkshire and from Italy, ridden all the way here for the event.

Must be some 8 - 10 thousand on the island if not more, a great sunny day, the custom scooter show was good in the ice rink and the model the reporter from the Daily Sport bought with him was a looker.

Still on if anyone South thinking of going over.

Oh and I had a falling out with an old dear in a charity shop, she was banging to the woman behind the counter about all the scooterist and how nice and kind people they all were, but not like the big bikers they get over there, a horid unruly nasty lot them . . :shock:
I stood their next to her and said I am a big biker, the woman behind the counter smiled and said no not all of them are like that and not you (trying to calm the situation), but the granny still went on, should have offered to take it outside, though she would have probably won :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009 22:48 

Current ride: X1 2001
:rofl: :rofl: