UK Buell Enthusiasts Group
http://www.ukbeg.com/forum/

First time to the continent on 2 wheels!
http://www.ukbeg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22670
Page 2 of 2

Author:  att [ Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First time to the continent on 2 wheels!

Chiz_4 wrote:
Your orartry knows no bounds,why don't you do what you said you were gonna do and do one,or was that another chapter from the att book of bullshit. :ner:


No, sorry, orartry....is this a new word you have stumbled across, or is it just an example of your poor education? Not that there is anything wrong with a poor education, I was also on the receiving end of a piss poor education, however I realised this and did try to improve myself, perhaps that realisation is awaiting you?

Author:  TOPGUMM [ Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First time to the continent on 2 wheels!

:eat: I need a drink

Author:  Chiz_4 [ Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First time to the continent on 2 wheels!

att wrote:
Chiz_4 wrote:
Your orartry knows no bounds,why don't you do what you said you were gonna do and do one,or was that another chapter from the att book of bullshit. :ner:


No, sorry, orartry....is this a new word you have stumbled across, or is it just an example of your poor education? Not that there is anything wrong with a poor education, I was also on the receiving end of a piss poor education, however I realised this and did try to improve myself, perhaps that realisation is awaiting you?

Oh hear you are again wasting another 10 seconds on me like you said you wouldn't do,more bull.people like you only say the things you do to warrant a response,but when you get it you don't like it.prove me wrong for once and stick to your promise and leave the site for good.

Author:  att [ Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First time to the continent on 2 wheels!

Chiz_4 wrote:
att wrote:
Chiz_4 wrote:
Your orartry knows no bounds,why don't you do what you said you were gonna do and do one,or was that another chapter from the att book of bullshit. :ner:


No, sorry, orartry....is this a new word you have stumbled across, or is it just an example of your poor education? Not that there is anything wrong with a poor education, I was also on the receiving end of a piss poor education, however I realised this and did try to improve myself, perhaps that realisation is awaiting you?

Oh hear you are again wasting another 10 seconds on me like you said you wouldn't do,more bull.people like you only say the things you do to warrant a response,but when you get it you don't like it.prove me wrong for once and stick to your promise and leave the site for good.


Ignorance is bliss.

Author:  Tadpole [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: First time to the continent on 2 wheels!

Is he still here ? :rotfl: you'd never know. :headbang:

Author:  Chiz_4 [ Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: First time to the continent on 2 wheels!

still here and still on special medicine :rotfl:

Author:  Kiwi [ Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First time to the continent on 2 wheels!

att wrote:
I have done a lot of touring on bikes in cars and trucks.
In France you need to understand that in some places the right has the priority, sometimes it is signposted, other times it may not be.
https://www.france-pub.com/forum/2012/04/14/la-priorite-a-droite%E2%80%8E-priority-to-the-right/
However, the rule of thumb is that the larger vehicle is usually liable, if an accident does occur, not always good if you are on the floor with broken bones....I have had a couple of accidents in France and Belgium, one which required hospital and emergency services, they knocked spots of the UK.

Spain, if you do not have the correct documentation they will fine you on the spot, they are usually total twats as well and take no nonsense....This is the National and Civil Police, the locals, like the French Gendarmes are good usually.

I have not used a GB sticker on a bike for years and never bother with any of the other faff, however, if you are driving at night, you will need to use a bit of tape to divert your hi beam, this year I came through spain and france in the dark and they were not happy bunnies, I had to buy some tape and it stopped the flashes.

I have been stopped by the Police in all countries for all kinds of traffic offences, each time I have used distraction to get off the ticket, each time it has worked 8-) Just being nice and flustered and usually lost does it for them and they want to help you then lOl

I have never had any problems with security of the bike, usually you are looked after by the hotel owner etc. I have left bikes in market squares over night, never a problem.

All in all I prefer and do more miles a year in France, Spain and now Portugal and it is such a breath of fresh air to be amongst people who actually know you are there and do not suffer from this small penis syndrome that affects many Brits.

Enjoy, the beer is better and cheaper, the food is better and cheaper and so are the hotels :yup:
Wine.....Well, what can you say.



Thanks att, much appreciated.

Author:  Kiwi [ Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: First time to the continent on 2 wheels!

The ride went really well.

No trouble with the fuzz but I was all prepared if I was pulled over. The bike went well through what seemed like 4 seasons during the trip. Only did around 600 miles but most of it was on the winding road setting on the satnav and it seemed like we had the whole place to ourselves.

The roads, the village we stayed at, the seaside towns we visited, the food, the people, the wine...Perfect!

Looking forward to the next and longer tour next year. This trip was all about whether I would be on my own next year or if the missus takes to Euro touring and gives the green for a more suitable bike for the job...

I am pleased to say Thunderbirds are go!!

Thank you all above for the tips and advice. Much appreciated!

Shopping time ;)

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC+01:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/