It is currently 28 Mar 2024 10:30

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2009 20:43 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
Anyone going?
Just booked the AM session as PM fully booked still places left in morning. Bit of an early start but have been getting up at 0330hrs for last few weeks so shouldn't be a problem.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2009 07:12 

Im going to the afternoon session.
I might see you in the cross over period.
Andrew

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2009 11:59 
I'm going to the AM session. Total beginner, but up for a go.

Stopping over in Leicester the evning before. Don't do early mornings

Jac

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2009 16:41 

Look forward to meeting you Jacqui. I bet you'll love it. ...............I don't mean meeting me :oooops:

They have a great team putting all together so you'll be well looked after.
Mrs Deeps is looking into accom too as she's not too keen on a 0430 start :roll:

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2009 00:11 

How did you get on?
I managed to get a go on pretty much every bike in the range throughout the afternoon.
Short verdict... I wouldn't swap my xb9sx for any of the bikes I rode today.
I'll give a longer verdict on each bike another time if anyone is interested, if not I wont waste the forum space. No problem.
It was a very good afternoon messing about on the Buell's though.
Shame about the guy who got himself in a bit of mischief. I hope he isnt too badly hurt and continues to ride once recovered.
Thanks Buell UK for a very enjoyable afternoon on your bikes.
Andrew

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2009 13:10 

Had a great morning up there and the weather didn't turn till midday so I think I got real lucky there. About 16 on the morning session and 40 P.M. The BPA team are very impressive and I don't think anyone goes away unhappy. Not sure about the guy you mentioned on the afternoon session Andrew; can only assume he hurt himself? ..........Spill the beans ;)
I got a bit out of shape trying to get passed just one more person before chicane at Edwinas despite the track getting damper :oooops: , really must pay more attention :lol:
Had a shot on 5 different bikes and loved the 1125's around the track.
There were 3 of the Harley XR1200's there testing/demonstrating and they sounded awesome with the Termignoni pipes on them, mere mortals weren't allowed a go tho :cry:
A few photos, Jacqui is the one with the white and yellow stripe across her leathers. Nice to meet you Jacqui.

I didn't realise we were supposed to practice riverdance whilst waiting our turn

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2009 23:52 
The race XR1200s' were there because it was the official dealer launch of them for the race series next year - God only knows if it will happen or not.

It's typical of HDB UK - there have been race series running in Spain and Italy all year - and I still cannot get a straight answer if the one off race for the XR1200s' is going to go ahead at Silverstone or not - even the dealers that are supposed to be taking part don't know ... :? :roll: :o :shock:

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2009 23:11 

deepsix wrote:
Not sure about the guy you mentioned on the afternoon session Andrew; can only assume he hurt himself? ..........Spill the beans ;)

One guy in my second track run came off. I'm not too sure what happened as the first I knew of anything wrong was the red flag being waved. He was whisked straight off to hospital and the Buell guys said he had a suspected head injury.

I to liked the 1125CR on the track, wouldn't own one for the road though. Especially not the town riding that I mostly do.
I rode the 1125R on the road and despised every one of the 20mins I was on it. Really uncomfortable, dreadful power delivery at slow speed and it sounded like a bag of nails. If those are the reason that Buell UK decided to do away with the Firebolt then....!???! I would have a firebolt over that on any day.
I thought the small off road bit on the Uly's was really good fun, and made me excited about the Wales weekend I'm taking my dad on.
As I said, I still love my 9SX and wouldn't trade it in for any of the new range.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2009 23:50 

agfrancis wrote:
deepsix wrote:
Not sure about the guy you mentioned on the afternoon session Andrew; can only assume he hurt himself? ..........Spill the beans ;)

One guy in my second track run came off. I'm not too sure what happened as the first I knew of anything wrong was the red flag being waved. He was whisked straight off to hospital and the Buell guys said he had a suspected head injury.

Oh dear, I hope he's OK now and just taken away to be on the safe side. Shame for him and not the Buell experience the lads would have wanted to give him :shock:
Have you had the chance to try an XB12 on the road, that would probably be more your cup of tea if the 1125s didn't float yer boat. I took the 12ss for the road bit and it was pretty good, I saved the 1125s for the track where they were well suited.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2009 16:12 
I had great fun on the Ulysses once someone had folded up the side stand I couldn't reach!!

I ride a firebolt & wouldn't swap it for either of the 1125's.