Last visit was: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:37 am It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:37 am

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:28 pm
Posts: 7096
Current ride: Muffin 2001 X1
buelling banjo wrote:
Odd that you don't have to provide API information on the ferry. I phoned them and asked because I have to take the car again this year. Having said that the crossing only takes 90 minutes and cost £32 for the return trip.

I might even have space for the banjo :uhoh:

The check in on the Hull ferry last week was very slow going out as they were checking everything at check in.

_________________
2001 X1 2009 1125CR 2006 Uly oh and some Chinese/German hybrid


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:27 pm
Posts: 635
Current ride: X1 Lightning
Location: Robin Hoods Tree.
Booked it!
Packed it!
Fucked off!
See you at services guys.

_________________
X1 Lightning.2000.Fully Mazed.
Triumph Bonneville 750. Cafe Racer.1970
Sky team 125.

The world maybe round but you can still find the Edge.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:51 pm 
Offline
proff. patpending
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:20 pm
Posts: 14171
Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Location: Bristol - Gateway to all things good
Have a good trip all...

_________________
08 Specialized Langster


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 11:00 am
Posts: 497
Current ride: xb12s 1125cr 1125r
Location: PORTSMOUTH
Hi People, just a note REMEMBER, you have to have Hi Viz in France now, you do not have to wear it but must be on the bike, IE put it over your luggage, but without it you will be fined on the spot.. bloody frogs eh.. :)

_________________
A12 XBS, B 15 OUT !!


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 108
Location: East Sussex
Blackrag123 wrote:
Hi People, just a note REMEMBER, you have to have Hi Viz in France now, you do not have to wear it but must be on the bike, IE put it over your luggage, but without it you will be fined on the spot.. bloody frogs eh.. :)


I thought it was from Jan 1st 2016?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 11:00 am
Posts: 497
Current ride: xb12s 1125cr 1125r
Location: PORTSMOUTH
No its legal requirement now, Rain God passed the info on, can be 700 euro fine, paid there and then, no excuses, and no pay no bike, bet your life they will be close to the crossing areas to make some cash.. :twisted:

_________________
A12 XBS, B 15 OUT !!


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:02 pm
Posts: 316
Current ride: Yamaha R1 X-Plane
Location: Cambs
Have a good weekend all.

_________________
Mike_S

2010 Yamaha R1
1125CR - Sold and living in Germany
GSXR1000K3 - Now Sold


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:28 pm
Posts: 7096
Current ride: Muffin 2001 X1
Well me and Ronnie had the easiest Tunnel crossing yet 8-) didn't show our passports at all today let alone have to take our helmets off :D checked in and got waved straight through and onto the train within 10 minutes of getting to the terminal , relaxing in a very cheap and cheerful hotel near St Omer at the minute :D

_________________
2001 X1 2009 1125CR 2006 Uly oh and some Chinese/German hybrid


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:42 pm
Posts: 2661
Current ride: M2 Razorback
Location: Mouth of the Port in the Shire of Hamp
kevmean wrote:
Well me and Ronnie had the easiest Tunnel crossing yet 8-) didn't show our passports at all today let alone have to take our helmets off :D checked in and got waved straight through and onto the train within 10 minutes...

How long til you reach the Syrian border? lOl

_________________
'98 M2 Razorback, it's a keeper.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:17 pm 
Offline
Mr. Tourettes
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:51 pm
Posts: 2471
Location: cambs
Well I'm home safe and sound, dry ride there and back. Our Belgian friends went the extra mile again.
A lot of laughing and drinking. But also a fantastic ride from Cassel to Lauwe, they blocked all other traffic in our path, side, main roads and roundabouts etc. PLUS a history lesson half way there on what British miners can achieve with a pick and a shovel and a few thousand tons of explosives. The strange thing is how peaceful and beautiful the location is now.

_________________
xxxx


Last edited by richie on Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:24 pm 
Offline
Nanny Brown
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 10:22 pm
Posts: 6167
Location: Portsmouth, UK
richie wrote:
Well I'm home safe and sound, dry ride there and back. Our Belgian friends went the extra mile again.
A lot of laughing and drinking. But also a fantastic ride from Cassel to Lauwe, they blocked all other traffic in our path, side, main roads and roundabouts etc. PLUS a history lesson half way on what British miners can achieve with a pick and a shovel.


:yt: had a fantastic weekend, thoroughly enjoyed the escorted ride from Cassel to Lauwe. Great hospitality from the Belgian crew as always.. :clap: :clap:

_________________
Valencia Orange XB12Scg
Black P3 Blast - serviced by Maz


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:28 pm
Posts: 7096
Current ride: Muffin 2001 X1
:yt: 8-) another 650 troublfree miles on the Uly 8-) that's over 2500 miles since we bought it :D

_________________
2001 X1 2009 1125CR 2006 Uly oh and some Chinese/German hybrid


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:48 pm 
Offline
Milf Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:47 pm
Posts: 4771
Current ride: '98 S1
Location: Wessex
550 miles on the S1 this weekend. Bike didn't miss a beat. :sun:
A big thank you to Marnix, Kurt and all involved, who work hard to make this event look so relaxed. 8-) 8-) 8-) :worthy:

_________________
I started out with nothing and still got most of it left.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 235
Current ride: XL1250S + MT-09
Location: Helm's Deep, Norfolk
mojomick wrote:
A big thank you to Marnix, Kurt and all involved, who work hard to make this event look so relaxed. 8-) 8-) 8-) :worthy:


+1.
And to the bottle collectors, who had a full-time job picking up empties.
And to the outriders who made the ride from Cassel run so smoothly.
And to Tom for the history lesson.
And to the band, who were damn good.
And to everyone else there for making it another great weekend.
And to the Sporty for getting me there and back without anything dropping off. :shock:


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 8:57 pm
Posts: 256
Current ride: XB 12 Firebolt
Location: Breda, Duke of Brabant County
steely wrote:
mojomick wrote:
A big thank you to Marnix, Kurt and all involved, who work hard to make this event look so relaxed. 8-) 8-) 8-) :worthy:


+1.
And to the bottle collectors, who had a full-time job picking up empties.
And to the outriders who made the ride from Cassel run so smoothly.
And to Tom for the history lesson.
And to the band, who were damn good.
And to everyone else there for making it another great weekend.
And to the Sporty for getting me there and back without anything dropping off. :shock:


+1.
And to everyone; thanks for making me feeling so welcome.

_________________
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.


Top
   
 
 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited