Right y’all...At the risk of having the piss ripped again by the Foxy one - I thought that I would post a rough plan of our trip to the Bol D’Or, to see if it will entice any of you to join us.
We are planning on coming back the long route, with HoneyBea and Blackrag, who will be making their way down to the circuit via moto-rail.
We are intending to leave from and return to Poole. We will be driving to Poole with the bikes on the trailer – hoping some kindly Buelligans will accommodate us and let us dump our car on their drive for our trip
· Weds 16/9 Trailer the bikes to Poole.
· Thurs 17/9 0800 ferry from Poole to Cherbourg, then just over 300 miles to the Route 66 Biker hotel, which has been so highly recommended.
· Fri 18/9 Ride to the Circuit Paul Ricard in Le Castellet via the Millau Viaduct to camp for the weekend, watch the racing and the general mayhem and shenanigans that I have been promised. We (well, I) may partake in some shenanigans too!
. 20/9 Leave race camp and cruise to local over night stop, probably an easy ibis style hotel.
· 21/9 Leave local stop, ride through Monaco ( gotta ride some of the most famous F1 track ) and camp for the night at San Remo.
· 22/9 Leave San Remo, ride to Turin
· 23/9 Tourist day in Turin
· 24/9 Leave Turin, ride to rough area of Annamasse( just inside of the French border near Geneva, as Geneva is Ridiculously expensive)
· 25/9 Leave Annamasse , ride to via the shore of Lake Geneva for Belfort.
· 26/9 Leave Belfort, to Karlsruhe ( Black Forest area of Germany )
· 27/9 Leave Karlsruhe, ride to Luxembourg
· 28/9 Leave Luxembourg, ride to Mons(ish) Belgium
· 29/9 Leave Mons, to the tunnel, then along the English coast back to Poole. Bea and Blackrag intend to ride to Le Harve for 4.30 ferry home.
Mileage each day will be between 250 – 350 miles per day, with plenty of stops for coffees and photos…and maybe cakes!
We will be camping for a total of three nights – Two at the circuit and one in San Remo. The rest of the trip will be in hotels. We have already bought our camping package for the circuit, as they are limited to 3000 pitches inside the wire. I intend to start booking the ferry and train in the next two weeks. Bea and I are planning to have the hotels picked out and booked in the next ten days.
So, who is coming along???