Milf Hunter

Current ride: '98 S1
:yup:

Post subject: Re: Bol d'Or 2015
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2015 20:23 
has it got a pulse?

Current ride: FUBAR...Enough said!
What a trip :!:
Big thanks to Mick for planting the seed, Bee & Blackrag for planning hotels and routes.
It was a mega trip, a laugh a minute and then some.
It rained to Portsmouth, it rained from Caen all the way down South through France, and was particularly monsoon like in Limoges when stopping for lunch. First night was in Le Florentin-lovely little town with great views and warm welcome at the hotel.
From Le Florentin we rode to Bold'Or via the Millau bridge, got some great pics of bikes and us all with the bridge in the background. From there we followed Gorges Du Tarn and some other fantactic roads to get to the circuit.

The event was poor, lack of toilets, lack of eatery's meant queues were everywhere. Totally understated for a massive enduro event. I think we are all glad we did it.....but won't be doing it again!
After the racing, we rode to Brignoles for a night, I got a tad sunburnt supping beer by the pool enjoying the afternoon sun, then in the evening Mick, Matt, Clive, Ray and I had a look at Matrons X1, we couldn't sort it but then 5 blokes isn't enough to bridge two pins and count flashing lights!!
From Brignoles we rode to SanRemo via Monaco and some more twisty roads. Monaco isn't on my places to go list, traffic was so bad Clive and I got split up, the Rendevous café happened to be on a temporarily closed road so the whole plan went to pot!
Turin next, 2 nights there meant we got some sightseeing in, what a pretty city and not overcrowded too-should be on everyones places to go list.
Turin to Geneva, via some amazing mountain roads over Mt Blanc......and slush and snow at the highest point made for very careful/slow riding.
Geneva- Wissembourg, Wissembourg-Luxembourg were all filled with great roads, but the place we stayed at in Lux was amazing, great food, great rooms and really friendly management.
Le Louviere next.......don't ever go there-ever!! :shock: dump was an understatement, the hotel looked like it also did rooms by the hour-but that said, the manager sorted us secure parking for us in the nearby underground car park and even told us not to worry about paying for it :)
Le Louviere to Dieppe was pretty much straight roads though we did have a small detour to Flesquieres to have a look at the memorial I built back in 2007 for the battle of Cambrai.
Dieppe was lovely, but is apparently closed on Tuesdays, it is worth a visit....just not on Tuesdays!!
Newhaven to Poole was broken up by a meet up with the Southern Softies in the New Forest, though DFDS seaways did their best to make us late and almost miss everyone!!
Absolutely great trip and Mick has already planted a few seeds for the next one.....I can't wait! 8-)

You only need two bikes in life-an S1 and a Multistrada!

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2015 21:02 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
:yup: 8-)

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2015 21:12 
Milf Hunter

Current ride: '98 S1
I enjoyed the trip immensely.Great roads and excellent company. :sun:
It was a shame that time and money meant that I had to bug out early, but needs must.
The best part for me, was riding 1790 miles with my 19 year old son, Matt. :sun: :sun:
He probably got 2 year's worth of road riding experience in less than a week on the road. :old:

I would add photos, but the "Place in line" button on my screen doesn't work.... :headbang:

Attachments:
France, September 2015 013.jpg
France, September 2015 013.jpg [ 1.99 MiB | Viewed 237 times ]

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2015 17:09 
has it got a pulse?

Current ride: FUBAR...Enough said!
:yup:

You only need two bikes in life-an S1 and a Multistrada!