It is currently 28 Mar 2024 16:59

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2015 12:59 

Current ride: Between bikes...
Sadly we don't have a Buell club here, but I can still show you around my beautiful city.

Richie, let me know how it's going with the magazine. Been thinking of writing an article myself...

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2015 13:38 
Mr. Tourettes

I'm still waiting for contact back Timo, but will post here when I have any news. Which city?

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2015 15:04 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
Richie, we’re spending Wednesday 8th July with Timo and he’s showing us around Turku, details here.

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2015 15:15 

This trip just gets better and better :dance: :dance: .....

Following a suggestion from Timo, we’ve made formal contact with Pegasus Garage, Finland. They’re a Buell riders group based in Tampere, approx. 100 miles from Turku.

Between us we’re planning a meet and/or ride when we’re in the Turku area on the 7th & 8th July.

Pegasus Garage, Finland web site: here.

We’ve joined their Buell forum, the relevant topic for our visit can be found here. You may need to register to view the topic.

There’s some interesting Buells in Finland, including this XB12 with a turbo charger, details here.

Attachments:
00 2015 Buell Finland.jpg
00 2015 Buell Finland.jpg [ 21.69 KiB | Viewed 877 times ]
00 2015 Buell Finland A.jpg
00 2015 Buell Finland A.jpg [ 158.61 KiB | Viewed 877 times ]

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk
PostPosted: 24 May 2015 08:42 

Current ride: 1999 X1
I'm envious. Wishing I lived there to do this. Only ever been to Helsinki for 2 weeks for work so not much time to experience anything.

Will the Pegasus garage have some oil and filters waiting for everyone? Anyone taking a spare belt or emergency splice together belt? Make sure everyone gets some good long distance rubber good for the rain mounted before they go. My usual shoes only last about 4000 miles so I typically pre-order some tires of my choice to be waiting for me somewhere.

And how did Timo get his bike rescued in the middle of nowhere?

The time of year you're going, the record high there is the record low where I live. I'm really envious now!

PostPosted: 24 May 2015 12:54 

x1glider wrote:
And how did Timo get his bike rescued in the middle of nowhere?

Luckily Timo had breakdown and recovery cover plus there was mobile phone coverage in the area. Both he and his Buell made it back to Finland – eventually :ill:....

We’re certainly looking forwards to our Nordkapp adventure. To date there’s only Jane and I signed up for the trip, riding a Ulysses and a Guzzi 750. A few UKBEG members have expressed an interest but none have made any firm commitments.

Before we set off the Ulysses will have its oils changed a new Pirelli Strada rear tyre fitted. I've used these tyres for a few years so I know it will easily last the distance. We don’t envisage the bikes needing anything other than engine oil top ups during the trip itself. I will take a spare belt with me and we have full RAC UK/European breakdown and recovery cover.

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2015 06:11 

Only 4 more sleeps to go before we set off on our 4,200 mile Nordic adventure for Em’s Charity.

Both the Ulysses and Jane’s Guzzi Breva 750 are good to go with fresh oils and filters etc. and the Ulysses has also had a new rear tyre and SKF rear wheel bearings fitted. The bearings were an optional replacement, the tyre had approx. 1,000 miles life left on it so there’s no way it would have lasted the trip. We’re taking a good selection of imperial and metric tools with us plus a few critical spares and a couple of litres of Buell and Guzzi engine oil. This leaves me enough room in my panniers for 1 clean T-shirt and 2 pairs of underwotsits for 16 days :shock:...

I’ve tentatively entered the 21st Century and succumbed to technology, over the weekend I fitted a Garmin GPS unit to the Ulysses*. After 40 years of motorcycle touring getting from A to B has never been a problem but arriving at ‘B’ has sometimes proved troublesome as I’ve struggled to find exact locations. On this trip we have 13 different accommodations booked, some out in the sticks and some in towns. If it’s been an arduous days riding the last thing we want to do is go round in circles trying to find our digs. We’ll see how helpful the Garmin is but I’ll continue to enjoy using my trusty Michelin maps; the GPS unit won’t replace them.

* Someone in Louth has just fallen off his chair :D ……

We’ve created a separate Just Giving web page for this event – please visit: https://www.justgiving.com/Christopher-Jessop/

To date we’ve raised over £700 in offline donations and pledges from family and colleagues. With help from the wider Buell community we hope to reach our target of £1000. All the money raised from this year’s UKBEG Buell Nordkapp Challenge will go to Em’s Charity, the Papworth Hospital Cystic Fibrosis Unit.

If everything goes according to plan we’ll fly our Buell banner at the Nordkapp on Saturday 4th July. We will post regular updates on this topic as we travel around Scandinavia.

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2015 07:43 

Current ride: CB1300, Z750, R1200
Chris, are you planning to pay a visit to Lübeck or Hamburg (http://www.miniatur-wunderland.com/exhi ... -sections/) eventually?

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2015 10:08 

Hi Gunter – thanks for the link, it’s something to consider. We do go very near Hamburg and Lubeck on both legs of our route through Germany:

Saturday 27th June
Rotterdam Europort (NL) to Heiligenhafen (D) = 410 miles.

Sunday 28th June
Heiligenhafen (D) to Puttgarden (D) = 17 miles.
Puttgarden (D) to Rødby (DK) via Scandlines ferry.
Rødby (DK) to Malmö (S) = 120 miles.
Malmö (S) to Ronneby (S) = 115 miles.

Saturday 11th July
Klippan (S) to Malmö (S) = 57 miles.
Malmö (S) to Rødby (DK) = 118 miles.
Rødby (DK) to Puttgarden (D) via Scandlines ferry.
Puttgarden (D) to Heidenau (D) = 122 miles.

Sunday 12th July
Heidenau (D) to Rotterdam Europort (NL) = 310 miles.

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2015 11:34 

Current ride: S1W,S2T,1125CR
Good timing for your arrival at Nordkapp, Chris :yup: What better way to celebrate mine, Dilligaf's and of course Little Em's birthdays :D

Steve

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2015 13:17 

Steve, thanks for pointing that out, I didn't realise our planned arrival at the Nordkapp would coincide with Em's birthday.

It'll be a great way to celebrate and I'm sure Em will be looking after us during the trip.

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2015 15:05 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
CJ wrote:
* Someone in Louth has just fallen off his chair :D ……

:D :D We hope that you both have a safe and enjoyable trip CJ 8-) Ronnie thinks that you be needing a couple of inflatable cushions packing as well lOl

Just one little tip for the sat nav CJ , if you want to get to a place that's a bit out in the sticks and they don't supply sat nav coordinates for you if you find the place on Google maps and then place the cursor on the exact spot then right click and select what's here? the pop up that appears will have the sat nav coordinates at the bottom. That way you will go to the exact spot instead of being close by like post codes sometimes do in remote areas.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2015 15:28 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
good tip kev, on the google maps thing . :yup:

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2015 16:57 

Kev - thanks for the Google maps advice, it works a treat. I could grow to love all this technology malarkey.

All our accommodation confirmations came with GPS coordinates so I've loaded them into the Garmin. I guess these are pinpoint locations and in theory they should take me to the front door of our digs :D.....

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2015 18:28 

Current ride: CB1300, Z750, R1200
CJ wrote:
We do go very near Hamburg and Lubeck on both legs of our route through Germany:

No chance for me to wave you good-bye this weekend, but I could catch up with you in Puttgarden on your return path as my sister lives near Bremen. Just would need to know what time the vessel will land, but it will be sufficient if you text me a day in advance. Is your mobile still 7...582? I need to send you my new phone number then.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next