It is currently 19 Apr 2024 11:33

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 06:49 
Hi! Have any of you experience of traveling in Europe countries like Germany, France, UK, Italy... with loud exhaust like Jardine. I am going for vacation and wondering if should i change muffler for stock one or not to worry. In Poland usually Police not having problem with that, but sometimes they have a campaign "catch a biker" and loud exhaust may be a problem. In past when I traveled for holidays I changed muffler or installed db killer, but in Buell it is a lot of work with change and Jardine db killer is doing nothing. For years I have seen many bikes louder than mine, (last time very noisy Harley in Rotterdam with Hells Angel on board) but this guys were at home. So how it looks??

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 07:33 

Current ride: CB1300, Z750, R1200
Can talk for Germany only: avoid Bavaria and North Rhine-Westphalia and all well-known motorbiker's spots and routes. Usually inspections are done selectively and temporarily, limited to typical motor biker's areas.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 16:16 
All European authorities love loud pipes. This is a well known fact so you should be ok. In fact they may give you a prize :evil:

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 16:24 

Generally, in the UK you should be ok as long as it doesn't have "Not for road use" stamped on it. My (very limited) understanding is that you should be ok most places if it has a CE mark, even if you don't have the baffles in.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 21:19 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
The French gendarmes loved my Ti Force when I stopped and asked for directions. Seriously, they liked the noise...

No problems for me in Spain either.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2009 22:43 
Went to Germany last year with full Buell race system, no bother until we tried to go round th Nueburgring :oooops:

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2009 14:32 
pash wrote:
The French gendarmes loved my Ti Force when I stopped and asked for directions. Seriously, they liked the noise...

No problems for me in Spain either.

Sounds about right. The Frenchies are limited to buying their bikes restricted to something like 100bhp so when they see/hear a nice British bike they've always been appreciative in my experience.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2009 06:54 
Thanks for advice. Tomorrow I am going to Spain on my Buell. By the way Lightning looks comic with 40 liter hepco case, big tent bag, tankbag, navi, it remind me bikes from "Long way round" movie. I hope weather will be OK and my German friends will have mercy for me on" BIER FEST" (last year it was hammer)

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2009 09:19 

:lol: Post pix! 8-)

Trip sounds like a hoot! Enjoy yourself and don't mix beer'n'bikes too closely. :D

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2009 17:29 

gonsso wrote:
Thanks for advice. Tomorrow I am going to Spain on my Buell. By the way Lightning looks comic with 40 liter hepco case, big tent bag, tankbag, navi, it remind me bikes from "Long way round" movie. I hope weather will be OK and my German friends will have mercy for me on" BIER FEST" (last year it was hammer)
You'll be fine in Spain. Just don't flick ciggie ends - INSTANT 4 points on yet ticket.

WEATHER IS SCORCHING HOT - FIRES EVERYWHERE.