It is currently 18 Apr 2024 08:05

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2009 13:44 

WOW!!! the sun has actually showed it's face today!
I hope it keeps this up till next Tuesday (11th) cos it's the August jolly at Ashby Folville.

I went to this once a month thing in June....I was the only Buell there!
I went again in July....loads of Buells there!!!

If you're on Facebook, there's a group called "Ashby Folville car and bike meet" with loads of pics of previous events to give you an idea how popular this thing is. (mostly pics of the cars though so come down, take some photo's and upload 'em and re-dress the balance!).

Weather permitting, I'll be there on my Firebolt, you'll know me cos my plate is SMOFF so you can't miss me! Be good to talk to some other Buelligans so don't be shy.
See ya there
Cheers!

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2009 22:00 
Mr. Tourettes

last time was a real eye opener for me, will try to make it.....watch this space..... :D

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2009 13:39 

Nice one Richie

How will you get there? On a Buell or some other way? You'll know from last time it's a lot easier getting in to the place on two wheels than four!

If you're there before me and you see me come in (I think I'll park in the pub car park this time) give me a shout.

Cheers!

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2009 14:47 
Im off work now for a week so got some free time. I'll try and get over to this as i missed out last year :( it will be a good ride out for me too some good roads between me and there :twisted:
what time dose it start or should i be there for ?

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2009 14:53 
Mr. Tourettes

Black '97m2 m8, and aiming to be a the pub car park about 5 ish :D

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2009 14:57 
Black XB12 ill look out for you, looking forward to meeting up with you guys, planed route already some nice roads :twisted: :lol:

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2009 15:03 
Mr. Tourettes

Hi HLZbells,

What is your route and time approx. I am starting in Peterbor' ...Oakham... Melton..etc
or could go Bourne..Colsterworth..Melton

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2009 15:09 
i was going to go down to colsterworth then take the B676 to melton ( GOOD ROAD ;) ) then B6047 then B674 to Ashby Folville not sure on time but can meet you at colsterworth at any time thats good for you

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2009 15:14 
Me and the missus might be up for this, I'll broach the subject with her later on and see how I fair. Fingers crossed

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2009 15:19 
Mr. Tourettes

Colsterwoth about 4pm if that suits, there is a truck stop on the Bourne road about half a mile from the A1 :D

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2009 15:26 
i know the one mate i'v got to come off A1 that side for flyover anyhow as the rounderbout is no more, see you at 4
ps i'll pm u monday just to make sure all is still good and with my mobile No#

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2009 13:55 

Hey guys

In June I didn't get there until 6.30 pm and it all petered out by 8pm so was a bit disappointed. Someone told me it usually started getting going by 4pm so...

July I went straight from work and got there at 5pm and was just about the first person there!! As it had been an iffy day weather wise I thought maybe no-one was coming but by 5.30 folks started to filter in and by 6.00 there were loads there. They just kept coming too and it was far busier than the previous month and it went on a bit later.
The forecast (not that you can believe THAT!!) is for a good day tomorrow so that should bring the crowd out, especially as this may be the last one of the year? (anybody know?). :?:

If you haven't been before, the pub puts up a gazebo and serves trays of chicken curry / chilli con carne and rice etc for about £3-ish and there are burgers and various other snacks etc on the cricket ground. :eat:

It'd be great if we could fill the pub car park with Buells !! Ha ha! That's where the Harley lot usually park up too so it'd be like our own little showground! :yup:

I've got other people (bikes and cars) to collect en route so it might be 5.30/6-ish before my convoy gets there this time so see ya there. I'll be sure to stand around my bike at 7 and 7.30 so say hello!

:!: SOMETHING TO BEAR IN MIND :!:
you will be lucky to get ANY sort of phone signal at Ashby Folville, the best place to meet people is at the pubs car park entrance, so arrange a time with your crowd before hand....YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! :clap:

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2009 11:12 

:rofl:
Just keeping this at the top of the 'active posts'.....that's all!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2009 21:32 

good to meet you lot,took me a while to get out of the village tho'
cheers,Gez

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2009 22:37 
Mr. Tourettes

Yeh,
Feck me dat was the dog's borlocks of a great ENGLISH summer evening, new friends made, and too meet up with a few old ones was great...don't get a lot better with your stride's on :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: