It is currently 28 Mar 2024 18:42

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2009 09:27 

Current ride: Xb12Scg
Got to campsite yesterday pm. No phone signal so am at kirkstone posting this. Weather is great can't wait for others to turn up. :).

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2009 11:04 

Current ride: Xb12Scg
A great day out on saturday, those that didn't come missed out on a good ride and evening in the pub. At devils bridge now and going our seperate ways soon.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2009 17:36 

hey mitch , You can't want for better weather to enjoy north yorkshire and cumbria ,hope you have the same for the rest of your jaunt up north :)
Good to meet up Cheers .

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2009 18:09 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
What a superb weekend in the Lake District - one of the best UKBEG events we've ever organised :dance:....

I'll be back later with pictures etc.

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2009 20:14 

Current ride: Cagiva Raptor 650
Just home 30 mins ago.
Had a really good weekend and I'm ready for my bed now.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2009 21:36 

Finally got home at 8pm. And never got to do the wee jaunt through the Cairngorms that I was planning.

Stopped to put on extra clothes when I hit the nasty weather just north of Glasgow
and discovered a very poorly rear tyre. Luckily managed to find a man who could fit me a tyre at 5.30 on a Sunday.......

But had to get help from Maz on how to slacken off the belt tension and set it up again.

Thanks Maz :worthy:

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2009 21:42 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
purps wrote:
Finally got home at 8pm. And never got to do the wee jaunt through the Cairngorms that I was planning.

Stopped to put on extra clothes when I hit the nasty weather just north of Glasgow
and discovered a very poorly rear tyre. Luckily managed to find a man who could fit me a tyre at 5.30 on a Sunday.......

But had to get help from Maz on how to slacken off the belt tension and set it up again.

Thanks Maz :worthy:

Wow very lucky to get a tyre at that time ...what was it? just a puncture or something more sinister........also goes to show the power of uKBEG and the fantastic telephone support that Maz supplies....used it a couple of times myself remember well him telling me exactly which wire had broken and the other time telling me it was fucked lol :D :D :D

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2009 21:54 

Just worn out...... It looked fine to me when I left home, and I kept checking on it over the weekend as had done 4k, and I know alot for a tyre on a Buell.

Need a tyre that has tread down the middle, will help me work out when it needs changing before that happens again.

The wee man who rescued me today, is the same wee man who rescued me when I crashed the Buell. He does the tyre fitting from home, but doesn't keep stock, so have ended up with a part worn Pirelli dragon supercorsa that he was gonna use on a track day.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2009 22:01 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
purps wrote:

Just worn out...... It looked fine to me when I left home, and I kept checking on it over the weekend as had done 4k, and I know alot for a tyre on a Buell.

:D 4000 isn't really a lot got about 5000 out of one of my conti road attack rears last year. But good result getting it sorted ;)

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2009 22:12 

Some nicer pics from the weekend

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2009 22:16 

Jane and I would like to thank all of you for making this weekend in the Lake District something special. Good friends, good food, good roads and good weather - what more could you want for a UKBEG weekend? Lots of laughs and camaraderie - priceless.

We had 12 people and 10 bikes in our group - 8 Buells, 1 Ducati and 1 Moto Guzzi.

The :worthy: award for long distance travel goes to Rawni from Cruden Bay, near Aberdeen, and Mitch from Plymouth.

Saturday's approx. 100 mile tour around Lake District went very well, with a good mixture of roads and scenery. One or two sections were 'challenging' but not overly so.

You'll be pleased to know that our crack UKBEG pub quiz team, 'Shawn The Sheep Rides Again', won £40 for web site funds last night - I'll forward it onto Alison in due course.

Left to right: Pete, Barry, Pat, Bev, Jane, CJ, Rawni, Mitch, Robin, Jackie and Norrie.
(Robin's wife, Janice, took the picture)

Our lady riders with their bikes, Rawni, Jane and Jackie:

Norrie, Jane and Rawni enjoying a cold beer:

Rawni's riding buddie, Shawn:

Pat's S1 White Lightning:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Kirkstone Pass area, Brotherswater Inn and campsite:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday's tour:
Top of the Honister Pass, coffee and vintage bikes:

Tasty :P lunch stop near Loweswater:
Tasty :P ice cream stop - Coniston:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2009 16:40 

Current ride: Uly and two Nortons
Thanks so much to CJ and Jane for organising a really top class weekend, and thanks to everyone else for just being there, what a great bunch of people!!!

We had a really good time, the Saturday rideout was just the best, great mix of roads and scenery with some very well thought out stops (rum and raisin ice cream in Coniston my favourite...).

Had a great run back south via Yorkshire thanks to Robin and Janices Sat Nav on their Uly and delivered Norries bike into the bosom of the Emporium for some TLC, thanks for the brews Maz!!

Cheers and see you all soon

Pat & Jackie

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2009 18:37 

Current ride: XB12X
Great weekend camping, and it was nice a few others were on the site too. Met some very nice people and had a good laugh. Thanks to CJ and Jayne for the organisation and route finding on Saturday. especially enjoyed the vintage bikes at the slate mine and yes Pat, the ice cream was very nice :D

CJ.... it seemed to work better this year with most staying at the same site, meant we could have even more beer together on the night time. Myself and Bev thoroughly enjoyed the weekend.
We called at Windermere and Devils Bridge before heading down the A65. Thanks everybody, hope to see you all again sometime. :clap:

Regards,

Barry & Bev

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2009 20:07 
Hi Guys,

As already said by everyone....what a damn good time! :clap:
Thanks to CJ and Jane and all who made the newbie feel welcome :yup: .

Apologies for the early dart on Sunday Morning, the snoring from another tent [I suspected Mitch initially :rofl: but it was the guy opposite] and the sun beaming in at 4.45am combined with the beers the night before gave me the worst head ever :headbang:

Glad to see everyone made it home ok and look forward to seeing you all soon.

Pete

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2009 20:32 

Thanks for those kind words and we're pleased that all of you enjoyed the weekend. It was everything we hoped it would be - including the weather!

You'll be glad to know that there will be another 'UKBEG Cumbria Weekend' next year, at the same location :dance:...

Mark your diaries now - Friday 11th to Sunday 13th June, 2010.

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk