It is currently 26 Apr 2024 21:50

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 69 Next
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009 12:32 
Mrs Peel wrote:
If you fancy coming back to ours after Sammy's for a BBQ and beer, plus a fly-by from the SallyB Flying Fortress, Vulcan B2, Red Arrows and Eurofighter Typhoon,
Blimey V, when you organise a BBQ, you don't do it by halves!! :D

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009 12:39 
Anything for for UKBEG ;)

...........and it helps living close to the airport when Bournemouth are putting on the Air Festival 8-)

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009 13:27 

deepsix wrote:
If anyone fancies a nice scenic route through the New Forest from Southampton instead of the main road, I recommend going up the A36 to Ower and West Wellow cut down through Bramshaw..past Fritham, stoney cross, Bolderwood and Rhinefield ornamental drives into Brockenhurst and join the A3055 to New Milton via Sway. Loads of wild pigs donkeys ponys and cattle around (Well they will be wild if woken by a bunch of Buells) Good photo opportunities etc and sedate run for any pillions. Bit longer but much nicer. I can be yer guide if any one fancies it. No tickets required :D

Count me in for that 'un Tony! :D

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009 13:51 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
Mrs Peel wrote:
The weather forecast for Sunday is looking glorious. If you fancy coming back to ours after Sammy's for a BBQ and beer, plus a fly-by from the SallyB Flying Fortress, Vulcan B2, Red Arrows and Eurofighter Typhoon, PM me so I know how many to cater for. :D

Vanessa - roughly what time are these aircraft flying over? We would love to see (and hear) them but we have to head back norf to Gods County on Sunday afternoon.

And talking of the weather.....

Permission for a :dance: and a :4roz:....

It looks as though we're going to have perfect conditions for the weekend - a dry ride down from Yorkshire on Saturday and the same for the Buell meet and ride back home on Sunday.

Home

Middle Bit

Darn Sarf

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009 14:03 
Gazza wrote:
There's an airshow in Bournemouth for anyone down early on the Saturday.

The whole of Bournemouth was gridlocked last year so Christchurch might not be a bad idea.

Quote:
In The Air
Look to the skies and great ready for some breath-taking aviation action!

To date, confirmed display teams and aircraft include:

The Red Arrows (Friday 1.30pm, Saturday 3.50pm and Sunday 5pm) The Vulcan - fly past Thursday & on Saturday & Sunday, RAF Falcons - all four days, Royal Navy Black Cats Helicopter Display Team - all four days, Battle of Britain Memorial Flight - Thursday, Friday & Saturday, Lancaster only on Sunday, Eurofighter Typhoon - Friday, Saturday & Sunday, The Spitfire and Mustang - Saturday & Sunday, Flying Fortress - aka Sally B - Saturday & Sunday, Team Guinot Wing Walkers - all four days, Yakovlevs - all four days, The Blades - all four days and The Matadors - Saturday and Sunday. Also added to the impressive line up is The Hunter Jet - Thursday only, The Kitty Hawk - Saturday & Sunday and The Swift Team - Saturday & Sunday.

History will be repeating itself when the internationally renowned and much anticipated Red Arrows return for an incredible three performances, on Friday, Saturday and Sunday – buckle up and get ready for their dynamic performance. Also from the RAF will be the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight as well as the Hawk - Thursday, Friday & Sunday, Chinook - Saturday & Sunday, King Air - all four days and awesome Eurofighter Typhoon.

The world's only formation wing walking team
Taking to the skies and complementing the military displays will be the world’s only formation wing walking team - Team Guinot along with world championship Russian designed aerobatic aircraft Yakovlevs Aerobatic Team; in 2009 they are celebrating their 10th year and promise more radical gyroscopic turns. Not forgetting The Blades Aerobatic Display Team, who will be performing some of their most adventurous aerobatic manoeuvres.

Also confirmed are The Red Bull Matadors, one of the UK’s most dynamic aerobatic teams; the Spitfire & Mustang and Sally B (also known as B-17 and Flying Fortress), the last remaining airworthy B-17 in the UK. And make sure you look out for the Royal Navy Black Cats Helicopter Display Team – their acclaimed aerobatic display features high-speed crosses, close formation work and opposing manoeuvres.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009 14:15 

Current ride: Fatbob
Norm wrote:
Hey, Goldy

Rider and I were planning on meeting at Fleet, then cutting (depending on the time available) cross country via Alton, West Meon Hut and Botley rather than sticking to the M3. 8-)

Sounds good to me.

you still coming round on sat for some food?

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009 14:39 
Well I think i'm going to miss it,too much bad luck this week,1 bike grazed by a truck and bits at panel beaters to try and knock out dents ,then i torn my tendon off my middle finger last night taking my sock off,i have Mallet's finger,in a straight splint for two months,and was just sitting in traffic on the motorway an hour ago in my m8's car when a motorhome decided to test it's airbags on us,strong whiplash symptoms,not my week,still at least your all saved from meeting me in person,something most people try to avoid!

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009 14:46 

goldy wrote:

Aye, that's the plan. Although it's looking like thee, me and a pair of webfeet. :lol:

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009 14:51 

Current ride: T120V - M2 Cyclone
Mrs Peel wrote:
The weather forecast for Sunday is looking glorious. If you fancy coming back to ours after Sammy's for a BBQ and beer, plus a fly-by from the SallyB Flying Fortress, Vulcan B2, Red Arrows and Eurofighter Typhoon, PM me so I know how many to cater for. :D

Hi V - Can you put us down for 2 please please please?

Ta!!

Banjo

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009 15:57 

Current ride: Fatbob
Norm wrote:
goldy wrote:

Aye, that's the plan. Although it's looking like thee, me and a pair of webfeet. :lol:

Yeah people must have heard about my cooking :shock:

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009 16:19 

Hi V can you please put me down for 1 thanks :D

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009 20:05 
Officially I start work at 10am this sunday but I'm going to try and make it to DG20 for 9.30 and then ride over with you all, will be leaving circa midday to go to work though :headbang:

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009 20:48 
M3 is down a lane in both directions between Jn.5 and 6 so will cause big tailbacks over the weekend If the weather is good.
Also heard the whole area between Christchurch and Bournemouth is supposed to be shagge dover the weekend too with up to an extra 1/2 million expected due to the airshow on top of the big ass crowd that comes down If it's sunny.

Check your routes..

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009 21:09 

Gazza wrote:
M3 is down a lane in both directions between Jn.5 and 6 so will cause big tailbacks over the weekend If the weather is good.

All the more reason to come off at Hook. Cheers, Gazza. :yup:

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2009 19:13 

Gazza wrote:
Also heard the whole area between Christchurch and Bournemouth is supposed to be shagge dover the weekend too with up to an extra 1/2 million expected due to the airshow on top of the big ass crowd that comes down If it's sunny.

Check your routes..

Bollocks to that, my life is too short.....Raincheck this one. :(

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 69 Next