It is currently 29 Mar 2024 07:40

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2009 13:37 

New UKBEG member alert!! Hi Everyone.
Last Tuesday was the June event of the monthly auto meet at Ashby Folville, Leicestershire. It's the first time I've been, but some friends have taken their cars to previous nights and had told me all about it. It is held on the second Tuesday evening of every month during the summer months.

Their explanations hadn't been anywhere near good enough!! The village cricket pitch is given up to anyone who wants to show off their 4 wheel transport which on this occasion held everything from an old convertible Talbot something or other and a "rally" Skoda, to the latest model Ferrari (I'm not into cars so forgive me for not knowing what it's called!), with various Yanks (Mustang, Chevy, Pontiac etc) in the mix too.

Outside of the cricket pitch, parked EVERYWHERE else......BIKES BIKES BIKES!! Rat bikes, custom bikes, gleaming brand new bikes, legally suspect bikes...you get the picture.
My Firebolt 12 gained a lot of interest....it was the only Buell there as far as I could see. Come on UKBEG members, a poor show!! Ashby is slap bang in the middle of the country so no excuses for anyone not to go.

I believe the next meet is on the 14th July, if I find out differently I'll let you know. Set SatNavs for East Goscote and find your way onto the A607, turn away from East Goscote as you approach it and head for Gaddesby on the B674. Once you're through Gaddesby, on a normal day blink and you'd miss Ashby Folville but on this particular night believe me, you'll know when you're there! People turn up from about 4pm and the later you arrive, the harder it is to get near the place in/on your vehicle. Last week people were having to park in Gaddesby and walk down!

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2009 13:40 
I'd be up for that if you post a reminder closer to the time so I don't forget. Sounds like a good meet and worth a wander about.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2009 14:06 
Mr Smoff wrote:
Ashby is slap bang in the middle of the country so no excuses for anyone not to go.

Apart from those of us who are unfortunate enough to have jobs, of course.... :roll:

Welcome, anyway ! :D

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2009 15:49 

Hey!! I earn my keep I'll have you know!! Working is the only way I can afford the fuel consumption when running a Buell!!! :o)
I'm lucky enough to live in Leicestershire though I guess, but surely I'm not the only Buelligan in the county??!!

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2009 15:56 
Mr Smoff wrote:
Hey!! I earn my keep I'll have you know!! Working is the only way I can afford the fuel consumption when running a Buell!!! :o)
I'm lucky enough to live in Leicestershire though I guess, but surely I'm not the only Buelligan in the county??!!

:shock: Are you having a giraffe, I've no idea what my mpg are but I used to run a gixer 600 and I was filling up twice as often as I do now, maybe it's just the way I'm riding. ;)

Welcome to the forum anyway, what do you ride?

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2009 16:18 

Current ride: K100 CBR1000F z550Gt
Mr Smoff wrote:

That's my old stomping ground, some good roads around around Ashby Folville. I used to like a ride out that way, a brisk walk around Burrough on the Hill fort, and a swift pint in the pub there, the name of which I've totally forgotten :P

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2009 23:11 
Site Admin

OMG Bonz, can we have a larger version of that avatart in the usual place please :twisted:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2009 07:01 

:yup:

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2009 12:05 
Site Admin

......and that one's not bad either :twisted:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2009 08:55 

Quote Bench9
:shock: Are you having a giraffe, I've no idea what my mpg are but I used to run a gixer 600 and I was filling up twice as often as I do now, maybe it's just the way I'm riding. ;)

Welcome to the forum anyway, what do you ride?

Got an XB12 Firebolt.
Another problem I'm having you see! My trip meter and clock (but not odometer) reset themselves almost every time I turn on the ignition so hard to keep track of consumption properly. But think I'm getting around 85-90 miles out of a £10 fill up which, ok, isn't all that bad but I wish the tank was bigger!

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2009 09:03 

Maz wrote:
......and that one's not bad either :twisted:

More data required, I've lost track :lol:

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2009 13:36 

PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE!!!!!!
Back on track and to the original subject hey?? Jees!!!

OK, It's that time of the month again. This coming Tuesday (14th July) is the next auto meet at Ashby Folville. Hopefully the weather is going to pick up again in time for it.
It'd be nice to see a few more Buellers there this time, not just me on my ownsome lonesome!!
Remember, if you haven't been before,

CARS on the cricket pitch
BIKES on the lane next to the pub.

Don't do what I did last time, park on the pitch and almost lose the bike on the soft ground!!

Hope to see y'all there, look out for the black and gold Firebolt, that'll be me.
Cheers
Smoff

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2009 19:09 

cant make it myself this month but i'm sending my boy over,look out for a damaged gpz500 and shout 'how'd you manage to crash twice in 2 days sam'
i've heard about this meet from a mate..supposed to be good.
Gez