It is currently 28 Mar 2024 19:06

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 09:13 

Cracking day out. Thanks to Mr. & Mrs, CJ as usual - unusual banana icecream Jane :)

Great to meet me old mates and had a lovely ride in and a slightly quicker one back - thanks Woody. Mrs P. looked good in her flying gear - not a hair out of place darling. AND I got a text hug and kiss from Flossy via Mrs Digs, sorry you two couldn't make it. Maz made it in on the staff M2 and claimed he'd forgotten how to ride but the grin said otherwise - well done mate. ;) Great natter with Spooks now really looking forward to a week of bikes, bikes, bikes care of Diggertours in the IoM - bring it on! :sun:

Sheepy.

XB12R
S1 Lightning 'Maz'd'
X1 Millenium

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 10:59 

Arrived home at 10.20 last night, rain for about 14 miles around Wetherby. Didn't get lost this time, once in Sheffield was enough :D

Ripped Mrs C's knickers off as soon as I got in the door, mega mistake, 4 days and 600+ miles in the saddle suffered a rather painful crack and sack wax :shock:

Seriously folks it was great to meet old friends (must'nt leave it as long) and hopefully new friends. Special thanks to CJ & JJ :worthy: and in the immortal words of Arnie 'I'll be back'

2010 XT

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 12:48 

Well. finally home, and what a week.
Thanks to everybody who worked so hard to make Em's day what it is.

Big thanks to the staff of Chez Digger - I was looked after wonderfully. And I'll remember about the burgalar alarm for next time. :oooops:

Saturday was a fantastic day, best bit was not having to hide my bike round the corner......

I managed to dodge most of the rain all the way home yesterday. Just had lots of very wet roads.....

Note to self - the scenic ( speed camera dodging) route home from Perth isn't just 'another 40 miles' It makes it 160 miles of rural mountain roads instead of 120 miles of dualler. (And adds another 2 hours onto a very long day) But the sun was out, and I couldn't resist. I was knackered when I finally got home.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 13:50 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
Thanks Frankie and Rawni, as far as I know that's everybody from far flung places now reported back home safe.

We can't thank you guys enough for making the effort to travel so far for Em's Day. Have a :worthy: and a :4roz: from both of us.

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 14:33 

Current ride: XB 12 Firebolt
Ronnie wrote:
the dutch are home :ill: 1700 km but the trip was fun,good to see the ukbeggers again.

Chris and Jane nice meeting :yup:

thanks to Raingod for the trip from the acecafe to portsmouth :yup:
thanks to Blackrag for the food/drinks and sleepingplace(the band was rocking at the drake) :yup:
thanks to Mo,Mo's girlfriend,Myles,GB for the food/drinks,sleepingplace and the fun at night(never see so many girls without a pants :shock:) :yup:

:yt:
and not forget to thank Deepsix for the "brisk" run in the morning :yup:

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 15:29 
Good day out and a great laugh with people at EK.
Nice run up to Stamford but then made the mistake of relinquishing the lead and relying on Pash's navigation :roll:

Got there without too much drama which was a result considering JBR is blind.

Nice to see a lot of familiar faces and some new ones esp. Sheepy and Smarty who cheered me up no end after outbidding me on the ebay X1 :twisted:

Big thanks to C&J for all the hard work it is much appreciated. Didn't get sunburnt like some of the others but did halucinate early in the afternoon when I could swear a bald headed bloke with a cheroot turned up on an Orange Cyclone. Thought I recognised him but then I realised I was mistaken, this bloke was smiling :D

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 16:59 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
Glad to see everyone seems to had got back to the far flung places without too trouble. Respect to Rawni for riding so far on her own especially once got into bandit territory North of Perth. Bet you slept well that night. Amazing how far folk come for the day or weekend, :worthy: Will definitely do it again if not at sea.
Leaving the village next to EK on Sunday morning with Mr and Mrs T was surrreal as there was a big classic car event at EK; mainly British by the look of it. and twas like riding through a scene from Heartbeat as far as Sleaford and Bourne, very pleasant.
Looks like the Dutch enjoyed their weekend :clap:

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 17:47 

Barney and the Busa.

Was going through our photo's of saturday and this one image brought back the memory of Em's Funeral! As the Buellers who were there witnessed, it was a hayabusa that carried Em to the crematorium. In my mind two marks of motorcycle that will forever be linked by the memory of a young redheaded lady who would of become my sister(in law). God Bless Em.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 23:52 

Current ride: S1W,S2T,1125CR
Quote:
who would of become my sister(in law).

Are you trying to tell us (and Sarah :shock: ) something :?:
She's not your bloody slave you know :lol:

Steve

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2009 11:53 

Is it time to buy a hat? :?:

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2009 12:48 
Needs more cowbell

Current ride: None
About time Sarah made an honest bloke of him!

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2009 13:28 

What a great way to spend a day: met up with P1, Rick, Tigs, Sheepy, Woody and MR & Mrs Digger at Elsham, enjoyed an "enthusiastic" ride to EK on some of the best biking roads that Lincolnshire has to offer.

It was great to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones too. The weather was perfect :sun: and the Lanc even better. Thanks so much to CJ, Jane and everyone else involved in organising the event :worthy: :clap:

Enjoyed a more sedate ride back up to North Lincs, the M2 even does that well. Every time I ride it I love it more......it does everything well and continues to thrill.........."entry level Buell".......my arse. :lol:

Spook wrote:
Nice to see a lot of familiar faces and some new ones esp. Sheepy and Smarty who cheered me up no end after outbidding me on the ebay X1

Yeah I know ..... :yc:
It was really nice to meet you too Spook..........Git :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2009 13:59 

flyingfemme wrote:
Is it time to buy a hat? :?:

No it bloody isn't! :shock:

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2009 14:24 
Needs more cowbell

Current ride: None
:hehe:

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2009 12:03 
Bit late but i would just like to say a thank you for a good day out :yup: and being new to buells it was the most id ever seen on the road or in one place :oooops: spent the day talking to a guy from notts so thanks for making me feel welcome.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27