It is currently 29 Mar 2024 04:54

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 20 May 2019 19:05 

Current ride: BMW F900 XR
Date for your 2019 diaries, if not purchased a UKBEG Calendar is Sat 6th July.

PostPosted: 20 May 2019 19:45 

Current ride: X1 2001
:sun:

PostPosted: 20 May 2019 20:40 
Site Admin

:shock:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 21 May 2019 07:35 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
not long now

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2019 10:08 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
barney wrote:
not long now

For anyone thinking of not going cause they think Maz is a grumpy F****r, don't believe it for a second. He's a total gent, even to me.
So get your bike out & get up there on the 6th.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2019 14:20 

Current ride: Cagiva Raptor 650
No he's definitely a grumpy fucker. :maz:

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2019 18:52 

all the best engineers are grumpy ..trust me I have some knowledge
perfectionist cant stand numpties :twisted:
go & see why we recommend Maz , & not the dealerships , to work on our bikes ! :sun:

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2019 07:30 

:yt: and the older you get the less time you have for " numpties "
or for people who ask a question and then when given an answer , disregard it :headbang:

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2019 09:44 

barney wrote:
or for people who ask a question and then when given an answer , disregard it :headbang:

Right then Barney.
Those Numpties you talk of are Maz's future customer base and I personally know of one person who will definitely not be going to his Emporium because he called them a moron whilst they were giving me information.I'm not sure being a grumpy engineer is any excuse for rudeness to others who are trying to help others on the site.
Whether people listen or act on Maz's or anyone's information is their choice, If I had listened to a lot of the advice I was given during getting my bike running ok. It simply wouldn't be running correctly at this point in time.
Fortunately there are some who are interested in why mine doesn't run like other 1125r's. Pash actually told me that out of the ECM's I tried, none would run the same on any other 1125r & I totally know this as Kiwi tried all the ones I had that didn't run his. Whereas they ran mine fine.
I personally took a trip to Maz's as I was stuck & he was good enough to help me out with my forks, but even then he told me I should be ready for some abuse when I got there. I'm fortunately brassy enough to take shit from most people and Maz turned out to be a really interesting bloke who wasn't really abusive at all, in fact a perfect gent as I've said.
Most people do not see this side of Maz on this site which is a shame as like I said these people are his future customers at his business.
Furthermore anyone calling anyone else a Numpty/Moron or any deriding name obviously does not include themselves in this. That to me is always cause for concern as everyone at some point really is, no-one is perfect although they may think they are, and even if have the delusion that they are, this does not mean that others are numpties because they aren't.
Fuck Me :headbang:

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2019 09:59 

Current ride: S1`s
:eat:

Veggie Burger please Maz :shut:

Hope to be there on a bike , although last time my arse felt like the misses had pegged me ....

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2019 17:46 

Current ride: A black one
TOPGUMM wrote:
although last time my arse felt like the misses had pegged me ....

Again?

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2019 18:52 

everyone has an opinion , you are allowed one
some of us don't need to keep justifying it .
:roll:

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2019 21:41 

Jazzbutcher wrote:
barney wrote:

Right then Barney.
Those Numpties you talk of are Maz's future customer base and I personally know of one person who will definitely not be going to his Emporium because he called them a moron whilst they were giving me information.I'm not sure being a grumpy engineer is any excuse for rudeness to others who are trying to help others on the site.
Whether people listen or act on Maz's or anyone's information is their choice, If I had listened to a lot of the advice I was given during getting my bike running ok. It simply wouldn't be running correctly at this point in time.
Fortunately there are some who are interested in why mine doesn't run like other 1125r's. Pash actually told me that out of the ECM's I tried, none would run the same on any other 1125r & I totally know this as Kiwi tried all the ones I had that didn't run his. Whereas they ran mine fine.
I personally took a trip to Maz's as I was stuck & he was good enough to help me out with my forks, but even then he told me I should be ready for some abuse when I got there. I'm fortunately brassy enough to take shit from most people and Maz turned out to be a really interesting bloke who wasn't really abusive at all, in fact a perfect gent as I've said.
Most people do not see this side of Maz on this site which is a shame as like I said these people are his future customers at his business.
Furthermore anyone calling anyone else a Numpty/Moron or any deriding name obviously does not include themselves in this. That to me is always cause for concern as everyone at some point really is, no-one is perfect although they may think they are, and even if have the delusion that they are, this does not mean that others are numpties because they aren't.

right then Jazzbutcher
The numpties I referred to were a generalisation in whatever trade you wish to look at and an observation that as you get older you value your time more preciously and your patience diminishes

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2019 00:58 

barney wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
barney wrote:

Right then Barney.

right then Jazzbutcher
The numpties I referred to were a generalisation in whatever trade you wish to look at and an observation that as you get older you value your time more preciously and your patience diminishes

My mistake Barney. My apologies, Just went on a bit of a rant there. I thought you were talking about me being a numpty not taking advice or acting on some of it, (one thing at a time mainly,) sorry my mistake. The Maz thing came to mind and I thought he was being rude but he was just being Maz, slipped my mind, it's entirely up to Maz how he gets viewed on the site & F88k all to do with me.
I also should NOT have involved others in with my imaginary beef, sorry to anyone offended. My apologies, I sometimes get a bit ahead of myself in my head & write without censorship (a Weakness on my part,) thought I was getting better for a while but sometimes just slip up.
Some of the information given was beyond me, I didn't really know you could run live data when the bike was running, I think most people thought I did. It was only when I asked Steve & with the answer he gave very clearly that I got it, my fault as I wasn't asking the right questions I guess & getting frustrated with myself to boot.
The trouble with me & emails is I can read what I think I see sometimes, I can take things out of context etc. I'll pick myself up on it again so it should improve. Feel free to pick me up if you see me doing it again if you like.
At least I didn't mention the Cosmos & truth which means I'm not fully fucked up yet, I'll keep an eye on it.
Heart on my sleeve again folks, I was wrong & don't mind admitting so.
Once again my apologies Barney. Paul

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2019 01:25 

Nutah wrote:
everyone has an opinion , you are allowed one
some of us don't need to keep justifying it .

If that's directed at me is that a proverb or quote or something?

Listen folks I don't have to write about what I'm doing I'm certainly not trying reinforce my opinion I have my vision for cooling my bike as it definitely works for me & I've stuck pretty well to that. I just keep writing about things I'm doing to my 1125r, I'm quite easy about stopping doing that I just thought it may help others, if it doesn't I'm sorry.
So it probably wont help when I say the bike is back to my non ram air system with a few more modifications & is running great. The things I'm doing now are trying to improve this further.
But yeah I can stop sharing if people aren't interested no problem & do this through Pms with others who are.