It is currently 29 Mar 2024 15:23

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hi I'm a nooby Buellian
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009 15:04 
Hello everyone

just letting you know that I have taken the jump into Buell ownership, having just bought myself a 1203 ss. You know what I'm well impressed! After years of sports bike riding this little bike is an absolute blast to ride, and I'm looking foward to many happy (flies in the teeth) ride outs over this summer.

I'll check out that meet too in Lincolnshire ... sounds good fun.

Darren :)

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009 15:23 

Howdy. Where abouts in Cheshire are you?

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009 17:51 

wobblers wrote:
After years of sports bike riding this little bike is an absolute blast to ride ...

Hi from another nooby this week !

Same here. I've limited myself to 4000 for the first 100 miles (I know the manual says 50 miles) but still had loads of fun. 500 the next land mark so hopefully put a few more on tomorrow - weather permitting. Don't mind riding in the wet (although that could be an experience on a naked bike) but bl*ody hate cleaning afterwards !

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009 18:09 

I know what you mean about the Buell being a hoot to ride. I have a 1 litre sportsbike as well and I am convinced my Uly is more fun to ride. Just been out on it in fact, sportsbike stayed in garage.

Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2009 19:45 
phillh wrote:
I know what you mean about the Buell being a hoot to ride. I have a 1 litre sportsbike as well and I am convinced my Uly is more fun to ride. Just been out on it in fact, sportsbike stayed in garage.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks very much for the welcome...

Got out for a few miles today and not even the rain could knock the smile off my face. I think me and the SS are going to have a wonderful relationship lol

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2009 19:51 
RickGM wrote:
wobblers wrote:
After years of sports bike riding this little bike is an absolute blast to ride ...

Hi from another nooby this week !

Same here. I've limited myself to 4000 for the first 100 miles (I know the manual says 50 miles) but still had loads of fun. 500 the next land mark so hopefully put a few more on tomorrow - weather permitting. Don't mind riding in the wet (although that could be an experience on a naked bike) but bl*ody hate cleaning afterwards !

Mine is a used 58 plate with just 2000k on the clock, so hopefully someone has run it in properly for me!
Go out on it today for about 80 odd miles, I absolutely love this thing. Just getting used to the gearing now and that stonking twin engine breaking.
Hmm yes the cleaning, thats one thing I am really not likeing, too much bare metal showing. I managed to burn my arn too on the exhaust..... I think I'll let it cool down next time lol

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2009 14:17 
Hi Darren - welcome aboard.

Buells are a lot of fun and if I had a penny for everytime I heard the comment you made from newbies I'd have at least £1.57p ;)

I was equally as enthused when I got my S1 about 5 years ago and love her just as much now - shes (Betty) is one of the family now). Buells can turn you into a bit of a hooligan, so watch out for that and enjoy cruising and listening to that relaxing V twin sound too. :sun:

This web site is a mine of information but the Buell experts here understandably are getting a bit tired of repeat questions so don't take it personally if you get the piss taken - just give it back. ;)

P.s. XB's suk arse :twisted: