It is currently 28 Mar 2024 15:16

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2009 14:41 

Hey Guys\Gals

Just like to thank you in advance for any help and pointers, I have read some of the other posts :d most helpful. So Im in the progress of saving and hoping to buy a buell just after xmas with any luck :D, they just look so nice :D

The story lol :- sorry maybe long, coffee needed :D

I currently have a Triumph Daytona 600 (inline 4 110bhp), and will be keeping this bike for communting etc, but the misses is "Allowing" :lol: me to buy a 2nd bike for weekend fundays and as a backup, as this will the last bike I will be able to buy , for a few year(Sprog planning in progress :cry: )

Can't afford a brand new one, so looking around the 4-5k mark for either a XB9s or XB12s
not the long version? do I have have the right models?, the 9 seems to about £1000 quid cheaper 2nd hand, anything I should look out for buying 2nd hand?

Never seen one on real life, and the nearest dealership is edinburgh for me."Aberdeen here", some of the guys from the abz forum, has given me some advise, but the more information the better and they pointed me to here.

compared to my 600cc sports bike, will both the 9 and 12 be quick in acceleration etc?
how heavy much heavy are the bikes, seat hieght, I think my current seat hieght 815mm, Im only 5'6.

I was a bit wary of buell, regarding maintence, but I have had my D600 for about 2 years, never stuck it for a service did over 30000 miles now, Normally :- just change oil, filters, plugs, fluids. sort wierd electrical gremlins, change sprockets and chains etc my self,

anything engine wise, or forks, I stick in to a local shop :- not dealer. I would learn about the engine (both bikes), once I have a 2nd one for a spare so i can still get around.

Parts have got to be cheaper than my cagiva mito i used to have, friggen italain parts cost a bomb.

but I'm no mechanic.

Cheers for any advice

Cheers :D

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2009 15:29 
Welcome

Lots of people here with lots of opinions.

I have an XB12s. Its not as reliable as my Fazer was but is loads more fun.

You can maintain them yourself just get a good manual, I forked out on the Genuine Buell one.

I find the seat height a little high but then I'm 5' 6".

Buell spare aren't cheap.

Good luck - Good job you've got a spare bike :lol: Only joking I ride mine 10 miles to work and back everyday.