It is currently 26 Apr 2024 21:57

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2009 21:37 
Needs more cowbell

Current ride: None
Welcome to UKBEG, Reuben :)

The cyclone is a very capable bike, the X1 also but a sportier look/feel perhaps, both excellent tourers. get the latest one you can, ideally an 01/02 the last they made. These come with the up to date recalls and T storm heads (earlier ones do after a certain year, cant remember off hand what)

Very easy to maintain and service and a LOT cheaper to fix!

Come along to a bike meet or two and have a sit on some and ask a bunch more questions, where in the UK are you .. ?

Edit - London :oooops:

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2009 21:45 

Current ride: X1 2001
Have a look in the for sale section , there's an M2 cyclone :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2009 21:56 
Needs more cowbell

Current ride: None
and its a nice one too :yup: :yup:

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2009 22:40 

nice looking bike! i am based out of seven sisters, but work has me out of london doing a different european city every week, 10 weeks on 2 weeks of, i will keep my eye out on the meets to see if anything ever coincides... hmm really like that bike, with a good manual and some pacience, these are pretty good to look after?

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 09:44 

so after all this research on buell's, the unfortunate dimise of the brand has come about, i know there are a thousand topics and chatter on this, but i a bit lost, am i really still going to be a abe to purchase parts and get service if i buy a used cyclone? and what do you think of the price of the cyclone in the sale section? bit cheekey of me to ask but hey, can't help it...

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 10:25 
Yeah, an M2 is what you need.
I loved mine, and it did everything you listed there..... but if you're touring further afield, you'd need a very well kept and fettled one.

You say the Uly is too tall for you - have you considered trying the XB12XT - it's what I ride now & it ticks all the boxes for me, including the reliable long-distance thrash requirement, which the M2 never really could.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 23:04 

hmm curiosity digger, cause you owned one, how was the reliability of your cyclone? and on your new bike, how is it to corner?

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009 08:28 
Reliability was great - I just had an issue with the endurance - it would do the fast runs, but never gave me the confidence that it was entirely comfortable with high mileage days. It was more about oil-tightness than anything else. Proper set of gaskets & a couple of days with Maz & I'm sure it would have been just fine. I just didn't know enough about them in those days (2000/01)

So the XT is a beautiful handler - now I've got the suspension nailed. It doesn't have the character of the M2, but that's less important to me now.

I'm currently in the market for something oily & British, so I guess I'm defining what I need from my bike stable - something to tinker with, and smething to rely on.

Is this making any sense or helping at all?

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009 10:11 

that help alot thanks, right now, my bike, a yamaha, i bought being in a strange country, (the uk, i australian) and needed to get to spain without any problems, so it was purely a reliablity and comfort machine, woked very well, not a single problem (cept getting so into the view in the pyranese that i started riding on the wrong side of the road ;) now i am intersetd in something with character, sexy, and learning how to fiddle with it more, i miss fideling with stuff. i'm still a youngin, so dont know exactly what i want, but know it will be a long time till i work it out, before i can actually justify bying a brand new machine. love the look of the m2, i have a couple to check out when i get back to london next, and i'll go to warrs again to have a gander at new's as well.
thanks for everyones help, making this less of a hair pulling idea!

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009 17:13 
i have a 2001 m2 cyclone and for comfort its great and only by looking at the seat it has to be more comfy that the lightnin lol

dont ride pillion but my mates bloke has a newer buell and she rather be on the back of mine than his

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009 18:52 

you would have a right giggle at what I'm using until the Beasties built Diggs
,,,but it does what it does with absolutely no fuss whatsoever (actually getting to like the little bugger )

You'll never hear the end of it, if Att finds out ;) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: