UK Buell Enthusiasts Group
http://www.ukbeg.com/forum/

New member in Rugby....
http://www.ukbeg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22993
Page 2 of 4

Author:  Nutah [ Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New member in Rugby....

Ohsteveo wrote:
Graeme1203 wrote:
Had it in my head that black was the asbence of colour


Black is the absence (or complete absorption) of visible light.

Pass me the pedants hat !!!!!
:couch:




.....can't be i can see it :mrgreen: ;)

Author:  Maz [ Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New member in Rugby....

FFS........OK, it's black, which may or not be a colour :roll: ........have you sorted the alternator and clutch slave yet ?.......and ace bars :?

Author:  Tadpole [ Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New member in Rugby....

I like it too, has anyone mentioned its Black, a bit shiny in places, but definitely a colour without hue. Far more relevant are Maz's questions, otherwise it will turn into an ornament that will not care whether its any colour at all. So best check out the answers to the vital bits and the sorting of them, but it is in the best absence of colour you can get. :yup:

Author:  Ohsteveo [ Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New member in Rugby....

Maz wrote:
FFS........OK, it's black, which may or not be a colour :roll: ........have you sorted the alternator and clutch slave yet ?.......and ace bars :?

wellllllll..........let me ask a couple of questions I'm sure have been mentioned before.
If, as in this case, the previous owner assures that the reg, stator and rotor fix has been applied to a bike, but can offer no bills or proof, how is this determined?
I get that there is a problem with the stator but if the normal multimeter checks are done and the readings are satisfactory this only proves that the system is ok at that time and can't highlight that the next time it goes out, it will fail. Does this mean all bikes with the problem (2009-10 as I understand) need the fix? Other than pulling the cover off and checking for the drilled rotor there can be no way of knowing, other than an itemised receipt in the history.
Happy to be corrected.

Author:  Jim1340 [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New member in Rugby....

Maz will be the best to advise but from experience of a shot stator on a 2009 R (fixed by Maz). Use the setting on the spedo/tach display if there is no charge below 3000rpm and you still have the factory harness fitted the chances are that it as it left the factory.
When sorted they are an awesome bike. Mine was nicked after I spent a few pounds getting it sorted. Will do it again when I find a suitable bike.

Author:  Ohsteveo [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New member in Rugby....

Jim1340 wrote:
Maz will be the best to advise but from experience of a shot stator on a 2009 R (fixed by Maz). Use the setting on the spedo/tach display if there is no charge below 3000rpm and you still have the factory harness fitted the chances are that it as it left the factory.
When sorted they are an awesome bike. Mine was nicked after I spent a few pounds getting it sorted. Will do it again when I find a suitable bike.


cheers for the reply......that's a bummer having a bike knicked... :cry:

Author:  albert666 [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New member in Rugby....

Previous owner stated on faecebook that maz had done the stator and associated gubbings

Author:  Kiwi [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New member in Rugby....

albert666 wrote:
Previous owner stated on faecebook that maz had done the stator and associated gubbings



Ditto

Author:  Maz [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New member in Rugby....

Don't recognize the bike but if I did do the work then there was a detailed invoice given to the customer :?

Author:  Kiwi [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New member in Rugby....

Maz wrote:
Don't recognize the bike but if I did do the work then there was a detailed invoice given to the customer :?



Haitham Ali made the post Maz...If that is his real name

Author:  Maz [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New member in Rugby....

Yes, remember it now and if you scroll down my FB page, you can see the pictures of it being done 8-)

Author:  Kiwi [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New member in Rugby....

Maz wrote:
if you scroll down my FB page


lOl

Author:  Maz [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New member in Rugby....

What ? :)

Author:  t965m [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New member in Rugby....

Words you never thought you’d see/hear from Maz - scroll down my Facebook book page :rotfl:

Author:  Kiwi [ Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New member in Rugby....

t965m wrote:
Words you never thought you’d see/hear from Maz - scroll down my Facebook book page :rotfl:



:rotfl: :rotfl:

Page 2 of 4 All times are UTC+01:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/