It is currently 28 Mar 2024 19:03

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2016 07:54 
Hiya folks again :oooops: ,

Ok I'm back, been looking at the forum as a guess really but have been itching to get on the bitch XB12s for a while now but due to weather and been sorned I haven't, but now my my arm has been forced as my car a year 2000 BMW 535i auto knackered up last week with a suspect gear box fault, and I don't think its worth spending a grand+ on a car that's only worth a grand tops.

Also I'm off to France in June for the week to do with D day so I've started to do a little work on my bike, never before have I messed big style with her (plugs, oil, filter etc), but yesterday changed both sets of pads, changed the free spirits belt tensioner for a new one as the old one was dead and put some new smaller mirrors on her, looks so much better than the big lollypops lol.

I'm going to need some advice on where to get some screws from soon but will come to that later on sometime and also would love to be able to set my bike up properly with ECM spy on my own laptop but don't really have a clue where to start, I also read I could put a race program on my standard ecm :shock: is that correct?

Cheers guys and dolls

Julian

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2016 10:16 

Current ride: XB12s,S1WL, Triumph
If you are not fully computer literate DON'T connect the two together or the bike will be skip fodder. The best thing you could do for the bike and reliability is take a nice scenic ride up through Lichfield up the A515 to Buxton then on to the emporium to see Maz. He'll have the screws plus more buell knowledge than you can shake a stick at. You won't be sorry :yup:

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2016 11:06 

Current ride: S1W,S2T,1125CR
Welcome back, Skippy 8-) You do like to make a regular reappearance don't you lOl

I reckon Dave is right about ECM Spy and are you sure your navigation skills are up to Normandy? Those who did JOGLE with you reckon the Balkans are really nice at that time of year lOl

Welcome back and see if you can make it over to the Peak District meet :idea:

Steve

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2016 19:51 
DaveH wrote:
If you are not fully computer literate DON'T connect the two together or the bike will be skip fodder. The best thing you could do for the bike and reliability is take a nice scenic ride up through Lichfield up the A515 to Buxton then on to the emporium to see Maz. He'll have the screws plus more buell knowledge than you can shake a stick at. You won't be sorry :yup:

That sounds like a dam good plan, to make sure it's done correctly cause I'm of the age :old: that only use the computer for flea bay and nice ladies :oooops: and of course the UKBEG forum :mrgreen: and Maz can change a few bits here and there and add a few bits and give her a good service etc etc :yup:

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2016 20:09 
ursus americanus wrote:
Welcome back, Skippy 8-) You do like to make a regular reappearance don't you lOl

I reckon Dave is right about ECM Spy and are you sure your navigation skills are up to Normandy? Those who did JOGLE with you reckon the Balkans are really nice at that time of year lOl

Welcome back and see if you can make it over to the Peak District meet :idea:

Steve

Cheers Steve,

on the odd occasion I do reappear yes :yup: , yes Dave is right, when the better weather greets us I will have to make an appointment with Maz, if he'll have me that is (I'm good at making the tea) My navigation skills are terrible as you know, but I've told them that if they all bugger off then the first island I come to I'll do a u-ey and come home.

When's the peak district meet then? Found it, 16th-17th April :headbang: My bitch needs some TLC before I do to much distance on her, not sure about both but might be able to do the one day :clap:

Cheers again Steve

Julian :dance: