It is currently 23 Apr 2024 23:21

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2015 11:18 

Current ride: Rsv Tuono
Hi Everyone

I am hopefully picking up a 1125cr this Saturday.
I live in the lake district so I'm sure the tarmac terrorist will be perfect for up here.
Right, the bike is 59 plate, black, 3000 miles, 1 owner, EBR ecm fitted, replacement exhaust fitted with pipes exiting sideways instead of rearward cat removed.
It also has the Buell high bars fitted and all the original parts too.

I am after a bit of help or advice what to look for on collection and any questions I need to ask the current owner please.
Roll on Saturday.
Thanks
Any advice would be great I will post pictures once I get her..
:yup:
Martin..

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2015 11:37 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
Find out the status of the charging system; ie has it still got the original or has it had a modified one or 2008 one fitted (less problems). Check wheel and steering head bearings and ask if clutch slave cylinder has been upgraded.Apart from that enjoy and take your time to get used to the initially odd over the front riding position and quick steering. And watch that front wheel rising when you drop it down a gear to overtake :oooops:

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2015 12:31 

Current ride: S1W,Hype,HP2,R1200RS
deepsix wrote:
Find out the status of the charging system; ie has it still got the original or has it had a modified one or 2008 one fitted (less problems). Check wheel and steering head bearings and ask if clutch slave cylinder has been upgraded.Apart from that enjoy and take your time to get used to the initially odd over the front riding position and quick steering. And watch that front wheel rising when you drop it down a gear to overtake :oooops:

Further to the above re: charging system has the bike had the 'recall' re the charging system? Has the owner done anything about changing the regulator (from shunt to a MOSFET one) to 'unload' the system?

re: the slave cylinder I think there were 3 eventual Buell/HD standards of slave (look for weeping fluid from the cap on the RHS casing. There is a replacement available from Oberon that I believe is reliable.

Has the bike been 'de-noided'. Isolation and possible removal of a solenoid that can override the throttle butterfly position demanded by the rider.....for noise control regs!

If it is bit 'clunky' below 3K Rpm then they are all like that as standard.

If it is Black but a deep blue flame then it is an 08 model, but registered in 09 ...... probably better from a charging point of view.

Give the Speedo console a good check. I believe early ones could be susceptible to moisture.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2015 17:59 

Current ride: M2 Razorback
You possibly meant '...deep blue frame...', not flame... :hehe:

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2015 20:04 

Current ride: S1W,Hype,HP2,R1200RS
...indeed......though with all that boiling fuel inside on a hot day after a ride it prob aint to far off

PostPosted: 01 May 2015 08:16 

Current ride: 1125r
Boiling fuel is not much of a worry you get used to it.What you should be careful of is overfilling the tank as this will cause fuel to pour out of overflow pipe near rear passenger footpeg.The 1125 is a great bike,enjoy it.

PostPosted: 01 May 2015 09:38 

Current ride: Rsv Tuono
Wow! thanks for all the comments, been having a read and if the EBR ecm is fitted it doesn't activate the noid??
Little bit concerned about the amount of faults they have but I have had italian bikes for years now so can't see it being as bad.
Boiling fuel really?
Mine has a black frame so is a 2009 charging system dam it!
I think I will fit the Oberon clutch slave anyway supposed to improve the feel as well.
I will let you guys know about the charging system when I pick it up tomorrow :D
I have wanted a Buell for years now, they did a demo day at Devils bridge (Kirby Lonsdale) one weekend and me and the Wife just happened to turn up.
I carry my license with me luckily, I rode two xb's both the 12's one of them the long version I was blown away by the induction noise and the effortless handling and promised myself one.
So 6 years later here I am, thank you for your advice and support I'm sure the faults are minor and it just a bit of Character Building.

How do I contribute financially as I would like too?

Martin

Kid in the Ebr sweetshop..

PostPosted: 01 May 2015 12:11 

Current ride: XB12s,S1WL, Triumph
Contributions here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18 :yup: . Ps. welcome to the mad house