It is currently 29 Mar 2024 05:20

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: new-b
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2015 21:38 

Current ride: 2008 XB12ss, 1993 XL
virtualbodysnatcher wrote:
Cheers guys, had a good look at the pics, is on Autotrader (other vehicle for sale sites are available) thanks to Photoshop I downloaded and could zoom in on the motor and can't see a sight glass, certainly not on the right side, should be by the front downpipe on the right of motor shouldn't it?

Looks like the frame's black tho' so figure it's going to be an 09. Guess not many were sold so maybe they're all the same age!

Think I'll go have a look at it, might sit on it and find it feels right or not, is a good start, only snag is would it get through noise reg's at Castle Combe? Lots of std stuff doesn't....looks like the race licence rears its' head again.

Cheers ears

Andy

I would recommend riding the bike if you can, I was in a similar situation last September and after 20 years of a feet first riding position I thought it would be a difficult change. I can honestly report that it is a bike that is a positive joy to ride in all conditions although I have not been on a track since my "formula bantam" days in the late 70s early 80s, but am sure it would be a good tool for track days. It goes where you want it to go and stops when you need to. Others on here have loads more track day knowledge than me on this point. I am surprised how managable the bike is in most contitions and as yet the "known problems" have not materialised but I do keep the battrey on an optimate charger for about 1 hour per week. Price wise there are some daft prices being asked for them but I always think that the buyer has the decision to make on price and dealers can be surprisingly flexible if you make them an offer.

Saying that I would not part with mine at the moment even if I was likley to profit from it's sale.