Current ride: m2 cyclone
coco 1x m2 and 1 x xb12r :4roz:

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2014 23:00 
Nanny Brown

Mods = moderators...I.e those who run this site.... :yup:

Those of us with XB's are just minions... lOl

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2014 10:26 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
Scotland's fastest lady :4roz: wrote.....

Matron wrote:
.........to be replaced by an EBR 1190SX....

You go girl :P........

pash wrote:
Thought we were talking Mods

memberlist.php?mode=group&g=4

Polite cough, don't forget us blue moderators, S1 plus XB12X...

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2014 12:01 

Current ride: 99 Cyclone M2
Dave409 , have a look in the tech section and see how may threads relate to broken Xb's compared to tubers that should give you an idea....unless you like fannying around with efi, wiring issues,wheel bearings,belt tensioners, seized axles etc etc

just thought I'd mention it

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2014 20:10 

Current ride: K100 CBR1000F z550Gt
I've tried replying to this thread several times, but I keep deleting it all. The only way you will answer this is to test drive a few different ones yourself. I've had an M2, then an XB, and have an S1 that I've not ridden yet. They're all different to each other, but collectively they're different to everything else on the market. It's whatever floats your boat, and no-one can answer that for you, it's too subjective :P

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2014 20:47 
Site Admin

Wanna bet !......it's not all about how they ride but what they're like to live with ie. service/maintenance costs, parts availability, etc......

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2014 21:41 

Current ride: 97 M2, 09 XT
:yt:
But you forgot to mention cool looks, that beautiful exhaust note and (let's be honest, the thing that puts the smile on your face) power delivery that makes your four cylinder friends have to drop a gear to keep up with you on real roads.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2014 21:47 

Current ride: XB12SS Tiger S R9T
Maz wrote:
Wanna bet !......it's not all about how they ride but what they're like to live with ie. service/maintenance costs, parts availability, etc......

:yt: My XB has done 30 000 miles and the only running costs I've had are oil , filters , plugs , fork oil , head bearings and I'm just onto my second set of wheel bearings :yup:

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2014 16:47 
Maz wrote:

:yt:

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2014 12:01 
Well I've had my Firebolt for over a month, and apart from running it out of fuel, snapping a few tools releasing the rear axle, for my cosmetic looks to the bike, its all rather easy to live with..
I had other bikes cost me a small fortune within the first month I assure you.
But its not about the cost, its about how you feel when riding the thing, I love it, the noise, the turn in, the thump of the engine, the looks you get from people as you just roll by, looking for the next bit of road with a set of tight twistys on it.. oh deepest joy.
I'm lucky, my Buell is just a toy, but is treated like royalty, and long my its rein continue, and when it does go wrong, well it'll be repaired, its a machine, they all go wrong..

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2014 09:03 

Current ride: Xb9s
So, I've had some offers of some lovely bikes, and spoken to lots of nice people full of advice... Been round in circles to what I want.

My location means that it is not possible to view bikes before I commit... This means I've missed a couple of beauties and hesitating on a couple that could well be just right!

Last night I had a message about about a local buell for sale, there are not many here so for one to come up for sale locally saves a lot of travel and transport. It also means I can ride it before I buy (not that I know what to look for?)

I have 2 concerns with it now

1. It is a xb9r, which I would want to put straight bars on, try to adapt the lights/clocks/fairing etc, and stick an s rear end on. I realize there are wiring issues with the conversion, and it would be a lot easier to just buy an s to begin with but my location is my justification... What do you guys think?

2. We have no HD garage here, and no computer to deal with electrical issues, problems will cost a lot more to fix as it'll have to be sent off island. This obviously applies to me for all Buells! How common are electrical faults? I know the common issues with the xb and these are fixable without hookin it up to the computer?

It's a 2007 model, is there anything specific to look for with this model and is it still interchangeable with an older s model? Or have things changed? I can't see any obvious differences between the 2007 and 2003's.

Any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Just bear in mind I want a project, I can handle fabrication and cosmetic, but don't want to be rebuilding engines!
Also, what sort of value would a 2007xb9r have?

Cheers dave

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2014 18:51 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Buy the STT in the for sale section if you want an XB Lightning.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2014 20:34 
You wont get rid of all the gubbins hidden behind the fairing, there is a link on here where someone did this long and difficult task and everyone agreed they had made an STT

so in this instance do what Pash said

better still get a firebolt, eventually they will be worth a fortune when its down to me, onanist, Pash and a couple of others left in the country.....

whatever it is it will be the best and worst bike you ever own