It is currently 28 Mar 2024 08:22

All times are UTC

Post subject: Newbie
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2014 00:19 
Hi everyone.
O.K. I live down in Cornwall and my present bike is an 09 V-Rod VRSCAW, to which I'm very attached too.
A close friend is very keen to buy it from me, although it's not actually for sale, well at least not yet, and I'm not totally conviced I want to sell it, and won't consider doing so until my return from a trip to Spain in September.
But if I do then I really fancy a Buell, briefly back in 2001 I had the loan of a Buell White Lightning for a week whilst my current Harley a 1450 Superglide was having a Stage-4 engine upgrade, and I have to say I absolutely loved it, didn't want to give it back.
Which brings me to the above if I do decide to sell the Rod then I fancy a XB 12 SCG, or the XB 12 S Lightning (Long). I assume the difference between the two is the wheelbase measurement.???
What advice can you guys in the know give me, ie which is better pros and cons of each or both etc, etc. Or should I just keep the Rod.??? :? :headbang:

Post subject: Re: Newbie
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2014 00:27 

Current ride: 99 Cyclone M2
Keep the V-Rod or by a real Buell :idea:

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2014 00:56 

My advice would be to sell the Superglide. I had a Superglide Sport with a fortune spent on the motor so that it would keep up with small bikes, and rather a lot on proper brakes too. Even then, it wouldn't go around left handers with the clutch sticking out of the side. I've still got some Primary cases that I had to weld up after grinding them away. You're going love a Buell, especially if you get a X1 :yup: The XB's are fine handlers too 8-)

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2014 07:37 
kernow60 wrote:
Hi everyone.
O.K. I live down in Cornwall and my present bike is an 09 V-Rod VRSCAW, to which I'm very attached too.
A close friend is very keen to buy it from me, although it's not actually for sale, well at least not yet, and I'm not totally conviced I want to sell it, and won't consider doing so until my return from a trip to Spain in September.
But if I do then I really fancy a Buell, briefly back in 2001 I had the loan of a Buell White Lightning for a week whilst my current Harley a 1450 Superglide was having a Stage-4 engine upgrade, and I have to say I absolutely loved it, didn't want to give it back.
Which brings me to the above if I do decide to sell the Rod then I fancy a XB 12 SCG, or the XB 12 S Lightning (Long). I assume the difference between the two is the wheelbase measurement.???
What advice can you guys in the know give me, ie which is better pros and cons of each or both etc, etc. Or should I just keep the Rod.??? :? :headbang:

It's all in the length with S and SCG, tube frames are more recyclable than XB's but XB's last well if looked after, the main thing is there all good fun

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2014 13:25 
gusm2 wrote:
Keep the V-Rod or by a real Buell :idea:

Sorry I don't undersand I assume anything with the name Buell on the tank is a real Buell.???
Or what would be your interpretation of a real Buell. ???

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2014 13:29 
Adam wrote:
My advice would be to sell the Superglide. I had a Superglide Sport with a fortune spent on the motor so that it would keep up with small bikes, and rather a lot on proper brakes too. Even then, it wouldn't go around left handers with the clutch sticking out of the side. I've still got some Primary cases that I had to weld up after grinding them away. You're going love a Buell, especially if you get a X1 :yup: The XB's are fine handlers too 8-)

Sorry you misunderstand the FXD Superglide left my ownership some 5-years ago when it was replaced by my current V-Rod.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2014 14:42 
Sorry for any confusion, tube frame Buells ran from roughly 1996 to 2003 when the XB was launched with fuel in the frame and a rim brake.
There are a lot of opinions on here as to which were best, personally I think it's horses for courses, even though the XB seems to be a little more costly to repair than the earlier tube frames Buells.
I do have both and can't make up my mind which is best.
Where opinions are also concerned there are certainly plenty on here! Coupled with a few more larger than life people, bottom line is it's a bloody good Site with a wealth of knowledge.
Welcome to the Asylum! :yup: :4roz:

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2014 14:52 

Current ride: K100 CBR1000F z550Gt
gibbsy wrote:

:yt: Same here. I don't think one is better than the other, they're just different :P

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2014 15:00 
Bonzo wrote:
gibbsy wrote:

:yt: Same here. I don't think one is better than the other, they're just different :P

Well said :yup:

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2014 15:24 

kernow60 wrote:
Adam wrote:

Sorry you misunderstand the FXD Superglide left my ownership some 5-years ago when it was replaced by my current V-Rod.

I should learn to read proper lOl

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2014 20:51 

Current ride: 2001 X1//TRK 502x
Adam wrote:
kernow60 wrote:
Adam wrote:

Yeah anybody would think your uneducated :dance: :ner:

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2014 21:14 
Welcome Aboard......

Where abouts in Kernow be you?

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2014 22:02 
Nanny Brown

IBIS wrote:
Adam wrote:
kernow60 wrote:
Adam wrote:

Yeah anybody would think your uneducated

Actually it's you're .... :sp: :coat:

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2014 23:01 
MadRat wrote:
Welcome Aboard......

Where abouts in Kernow be you?

Near Redruth.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2014 23:21 

Current ride: buell sb12ss