It is currently 18 Apr 2024 10:07

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 18 May 2014 16:32 

Current ride: XB12STT
Hi all,

Finally managed to get registered on the forum with help from Admin Nick!!

I've had my Buell since new in 2008 - little did I know that a year later production would cease.

After a string of 4 cylinder Jap bikes, I was looking for something different and had been a long time admirer of Buells. Much time was spent searching the second hand market and I soon realised low mileage standard bikes were few and far between - and beyond my budget. I then spotted a brand new XB12STT on bike trader for £4500!! A misprint surely? A quick phone call revealed it was being cleared to make room for new stock and deposit had been taken on it.
A week or so later I phoned again just in case circumstances had changed and just for once, fate was on my side. The dealer had just got off the phone to the buyer to tell him finance had been refused and as I was on the phone, the bike was mine if I wanted it. Needless to say - the deal was done!!

Since then I've done a fair few mods - nothing that can't be reversed as I have kept all the original parts.

It is a toy and not used for commuting - well, only on warm sunny days!! The only negative thing about it is the noise. I absolutely love the rumble from the D & D pipe, but at 112 db I was refused circuit time at Brands Hatch and my riding buddies don't like to be behind me so I always end up as the back marker.

In the brief time I've been on the site, it's been great to look in the gallery for further inspiration and it also looks as though there is a huge amount of technical help and 'how to' features.

Well thats enough rambling for now.

Here's a pic taken at the BikeShed show, Shoreditch 2013 - the day the XB decided to have an intermittent stalling and not starting again problem - rather embarrasing at the traffic lights!

http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/Cailsey/media/buell_2_zpsd0f5a0ed.jpg.html

PostPosted: 18 May 2014 18:37 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
Welcome matey, enjoyed your battlefield tour pics ;) Bike looks good too.

Next Monday (26th) you could mosey on up to Lincolnshire for Emms day and meet loads of Buellers and Mr Buell himself
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18763
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18242
:yup:

PostPosted: 18 May 2014 20:27 

Thanks. I didn't realise the other album would be visible!! Was a great trip. We did another WW2 trip to Arras in France which was equally as good.

Will check out the Bank Holiday event.Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: 19 May 2014 15:28 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Welcome :sun:

PostPosted: 19 May 2014 19:35 

Thank you!!

PostPosted: 20 May 2014 07:56 

Current ride: 2001 X1, EBR 1190SX
Welcome! After you have met some of us at East Kirby, you can book the tunnel for next month, to come to Belgium with us :yup:

PostPosted: 20 May 2014 08:59 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
Welcome mate 8-) and get some new mates ............... they must be right wimps if they don't enjoy the sound of a Buell lOl .................... my mates have always loved the sound of my X1 :D

PostPosted: 20 May 2014 17:04 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
:hehe:

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 20 May 2014 19:35 

Couldn't believe it when I looked at the events page. I love the World War history and did 2 trips to France and Belgium with the Triumph Rats :coat: last year.
Normandy trip looks amazing but dates are all wrong for me - due to work as colleagues are off at the same time......

I could recommend Diksmuide/Dixmude (the trenches of death) which is around an hour from Cassel. There is also a great exhibition in the peace tower (amazing views over Flanders fields from the top) with a nice restaurant too. Also, the 'last post', at the Men in gate, Ypres , is an experience.......

Regarding my riding buddies, I am enjoying the revenge as one of them used to have a 748SPS with Termignonies. It does make me chuckle as they can't hear the sound of their sewing machine engines over my bike which is affectionately known as 'the tractor'.