It is currently 29 Mar 2024 10:13

All times are UTC

Post subject: newbie
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2014 22:27 

Current ride: tdr250 yamyg1 b120
evenin peeps ... just having a nosey round your site ... few years ago i had a ully for the day from robin hood harley in notts & fell ln love with em ... but un fortunately couldnt raise the cash at the time ... im now in the market for one with a budget of 2500 , ,been looking on ebay , auto trader etc but they fetch a bit more than i can afford at mo , if i had to up the budget a bit is there any major expensive things i need to look out for before parting with my hard earned ?? ive had plenty of bikes over the years and have stuck to restoring classic jap 2 strokes over the last 10 or so yrs but would like something big n comfy & reliable for the summer ... cheers in advance ... andy

Post subject: Re: newbie
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2014 22:33 

Current ride: m2 cyclone
wrong site pmsl :rotfl:

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2014 23:05 
andyburton wrote:
evenin peeps ... just having a nosey round your site ... few years ago i had a ully for the day from robin hood harley in notts & fell ln love with em ... but un fortunately couldnt raise the cash at the time ... im now in the market for one with a budget of 2500 , ,been looking on ebay , auto trader etc but they fetch a bit more than i can afford at mo , if i had to up the budget a bit is there any major expensive things i need to look out for before parting with my hard earned ?? ive had plenty of bikes over the years and have stuck to restoring classic jap 2 strokes over the last 10 or so yrs but would like something big n comfy & reliable for the summer ... cheers in advance ... andy

owner
Welcome to the nut house take every smart arse comment with a pinch of salt! There's some very amusing people on here to say the least! But there is amongst the laughing and joking a wealth of knowledge and good advice.
If it's over 20000 miles and pre 2008 which it will be for 2.5k make sure it's oil pump drive has been renewed, check wheel bearings, electrics and drive belts these are quite agricultural and simple machines apart from the above.
The other big killer is the main drive shaft bearing.
I sold my 2006 on a 56 Ully a couple of months ago for 2.5k with full luggage, Free Spirits tensioner and Remus at 35000 miles and I was the second owner. ( I also had replaced the oil pump drive)
If you look in the For Sale section it's still in there for reference.
If you look hard you will find one the same sort of condition for that money, they are about,
Good luck and don't hesitate to ask any questions

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2014 23:27 

gibbsy wrote:
andyburton wrote:

owner
Welcome to the nut house take every smart arse comment with a pinch of salt! There's some very amusing people on here to say the least! But there is amongst the laughing and joking a wealth of knowledge and good advice.
If it's over 20000 miles and pre 2008 which it will be for 2.5k make sure it's oil pump drive has been renewed, check wheel bearings, electrics and drive belts these are quite agricultural and simple machines apart from the above.
The other big killer is the main drive shaft bearing.
I sold my 2006 on a 56 Ully a couple of months ago for 2.5k with full luggage, Free Spirits tensioner and Remus at 35000 miles and I was the second owner. ( I also had replaced the oil pump drive)
If you look in the For Sale section it's still in there for reference.
If you look hard you will find one the same sort of condition for that money, they are about,
Good luck and don't hesitate to ask any questions

cheers for the info ... why didnt i look on here & spot yours 2 mnth ago :( ... i like a bit o piss takin , on a few forums so i know the score , made some good tinterweb friends thro forums lol ... ill keep scouring the net ,,, main shaft sounds daunting !!!!! if a 2 stroke needs a rebuild its not a problem & shouldnt be more than 500 quid , but a buell !!!!!! ouch ...

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2014 23:32 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
Welcome keep lurking, they do come up. :yup:

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2014 09:02 
Think Pink

Current ride: Awesome Ulysses & X1
Welcome.......weeeellccooom......WEEELLLCCCOOOMMM to the fun palace I'm in newark ...yeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa :D :D

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2014 21:52 

Current ride: XB12SS Tiger S R9T
No Willy you're in cuckoo land wb

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2014 09:50 

Current ride: 2001 X1, EBR 1190SX
Welcome, hope you get the bike you want soon :yup:

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2014 22:32 
Think Pink

Current ride: Awesome Ulysses & X1
Ferris B wrote:
No Willy you're in cuckoo land wb

Aggg yeeea so i am ........but it feels so normal :ner: :ner: :ner: :ner:

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2014 01:41 

Current ride: 2001 M2
WILLYBUELL wrote:
Ferris B wrote:
Aggg yeeea so i am ........but it feels so normal :ner: :ner: :ner: :ner:

You ARE normal Willie....it's everyone else........ :shock:

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2014 22:04 

cheers chaps ,,, im keepin an eye out on ebay etc ,,, will find one ...