It is currently 19 Apr 2024 12:55

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: New member
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2014 12:41 

Current ride: 2001 M2
With a few notable exceptions, many Harley main dealers had little interest or ability in working on these when they were selling them. Several years down the line there is really no sensible reason why you would trust the work to anyone other than those already recommended here. I would say get your bike back, tuck it up until you can get it to Maz or Black Bear and save yourself the inevitable heartache.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2014 13:06 

Current ride: 2001 X1, EBR 1190SX
pash wrote:
Dearest Matron, please post pics of the X1... Get some for the calendar too...

I promise I will Pash, just as soon as I have her in my posession! I can't wait to get her out for a few piccies :dance: :dance:

RT - remember that Buell motorcycles are more than a little bit different from the rest and have more than their fair share of quirks. I am sure you are a top chap, but alas, not quite so top, as to change the habits of the cretins who have ripped others on this forum off! To learn a lesson oneself is painful, to fail to learn lessons from others experience is foolish!

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2014 18:18 

Current ride: Lots
RiflemanTom wrote:
Thanks Jill. That's bloody frustrating. The bikes a non runner and I've got no transport to get it up country, so I only looked locally. None of us like throwing money away and I could do without having my bike fucked up! Making me think of just wheeling it back into the garage and throwing the bike cover back over it for the time being.

.....if you want to get rid of it then I am sort of looking for a project bike .....

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2014 14:58 
RiflemanTom wrote:
Are you honestly saying that there's not a bloke anywhere in the South of England that can carry out a competent service on a Buell?

Welcome.....

And possibly the answer is yes.......

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2014 15:41 

Current ride: M2 cyclone 2002
I had my bike down at maz's shop all the way from aberdeen for the same reason. (nearly twice as far as you'd have to go from laaandaaan)

And like many others suggest here, the pilgrimage was entirely worth it. Rode it home on a sunny winters day with complete peace of mind.

Maybe a little bit until maz has a shop up and running for you to get the same enjoyment though. And it may be a slightly longer walk for maz to throw your various bling articles into the river (I was very lucky with my single item of bling ;) )

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2014 18:15 

Current ride: Cyclone m2 1998
You can try Steve at
http://mauldenmotorcycle.co.uk

Or

http://www.northantsvtwin.co.uk

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2014 20:38 

I'd love to take my XB up to Maz ( :worthy: ) but it's a bit far from Sussex. You could, at a pinch, try Shaw Harley Davidson near Lewes, East Sussex, 'cos they've got a Buell-trained bloke who has a good reputation - well mine's still running a treat. His Holyness :maz: (or Buellness) is THE man, but a 500 mile-round trip on an XB would make my arse as sore as a Thai Ladyboy.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2014 21:32 
Site Admin

......and that's why most use A2B couriers or the local train stations/B+B hotel :idea:
Sussex is considered 'local' ......some of my punters travel from all over Europe and even Scandinavia, etc. :)

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

Post subject: New member
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2014 22:12 

Current ride: 99 X1 Lightning
Sanatogen Geoff wrote:
I'd love to take my XB up to Maz ( :worthy: ) but it's a bit far from Sussex. You could, at a pinch, try Shaw Harley Davidson near Lewes, East Sussex, 'cos they've got a Buell-trained bloke who has a good reputation - well mine's still running a treat. His Holyness :maz: (or Buellness) is THE man, but a 500 mile-round trip on an XB would make my arse as sore as a Thai Ladyboy.

Now Lewes is a bit more like it. No disrespect chaps, but I'd rather not be doing 2 days riding, an over nighter in Manchester or the land of the 6 finger tribe, plus umpteen tanks of go juice, just for a service.

However, I have considered a trip to Holland to drop it off at Twin Motorcycles, as I could then go and get smashed in Amsterdam for the weekend! Much more appealing.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2014 23:52 

Current ride: 2001 X1//TRK 502x
PM for you. LISTEN TO THE FORUM. :idea: :coat: :headbang:

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2014 09:15 

Current ride: 2001 M2
[quote="RiflemanTom]Now Lewes is a bit more like it. No disrespect chaps, but I'd rather not be doing 2 days riding, an over nighter in Manchester or the land of the 6 finger tribe, plus umpteen tanks of go juice, just for a service.[/quote]

:roll: There's countless years of Buell ownership and experience contributing to this thread all telling you the same thing. Hopefully you will learn from the unfortunate mistakes of others and heed the advice. ;)

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2014 13:56 

Current ride: 99 Cyclone M2
:yt:

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2014 19:26 

Current ride: Can-Am V-twin
Give the man a break! It's his bike after all. With my first M2 I had a mix of service from diabolical to really quite acceptable with HD/Buell dealers. There's no denying that if you want to avoid the hit or miss, there is only one place to go and that's where I took my second one, but we all have to learn our own lessons.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2014 19:57 

Current ride: rusty 3-speed pedal
Fat Crip wrote:
... we all have to learn our own lessons.

How very sad, but probably true...

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2014 00:29 

Current ride: 99 X1 Lightning
Come on guys, Lets not get all emotional. It's a bike. Anyone would think I was suggesting taking my daughter to Istanbul for a cheap boob job. :-)