It is currently 16 Apr 2024 06:56

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Buell loving newbie
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014 08:10 
Hello lovely Buell people,
My name is Jeni and i'm based in worcestershire, passed my bike test on March 3rd and took delivery of my one owner from new 2008 Buell XB9SX 25th Anniversary edition on 8th March and Im finding it very hard to stop riding it!! Im so pleased with it it really is a big bag of fun :D
About all I need to do is fit a headlamp bulb as it seemed to give up on the way in to work this morning (im not sure how tricky they are to change so any guidance gratefully accepted!) and i'd also like to service it as im not too sure on when it was last done - what oil is recommended as i seem to find conflicting answers.
Glad theres a forum ;)

Post subject: Re: Buell loving newbie
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014 08:37 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Cool pic. Welcome...

There is a manuals section at the top of the Technical forum, for headlamp bulbs any XB12/XB9S manual will cover it.

Oil? I stick with Harley 20/50 oil or Motul 20/50 from Opie Oils (who have discounts and free delivery from time to time).

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014 20:38 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
welcome :yup:
have a look at the events area for local and national Buell events/ meetings :idea: Em's day is a must :yup:
ps nice picture's on your web site :worthy:

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014 20:44 

Current ride: 2001 X1, EBR 1190SX
Hi Jeni,

Welcome to the madhoose. Hope you can get to some of our get-togethers soon :yup:

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2014 20:43 
Needs more cowbell

Current ride: None
Welcome, pull up a chair

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2014 21:07 
Nanny Brown

Matron wrote:
Hi Jeni,

Welcome to the madhoose. Hope you can get to some of our get-togethers soon :yup:

:yt: whoo hoo another girlie biker to add to our numbers. Have fun, ride safe and hopefully see you at one of our bike meets. :yup: :sun:

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2014 22:08 

Current ride: 2001 X1//TRK 502x
You have permission to join my hareem ;) lOl

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2014 08:31 
Thanks for the lovely welcome, I am seriously loving my bike right now and was ever so slightly gutted about the fog just been a little too much like pea soup to stop me from riding it in to work again today - I happily ride in any other weather but fog as thick as it was this morning scares me :o
I swapped the headlamp bulbs for slightly brighter ones, not a bad job to do but was quite surprised to see electrical connections behind the front small screen been quite exposed to damp when in the rain, so might do something about that. I could also do with a reflector as the one on the low beam side has lost quite alot of the reflective coating, so something else for the shopping list.
It was quite cool riding it in to work where I work along side quite a few 'old skool' bikers, the Buell seemed to revert their spirits back to twenty year olds when I barked it up in the car-park :D
Can't wait to get along to any meets, im booked in to bike4life festival as I thought it was for a good cause and im also up for any ride outs and meets over the year - look forward to meeting y'all !!
Jeni.
P.s. Ive just treated myself to a Gopro 3+ silver edition, cant wait to have a play with that on the bike.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2014 08:58 
Welcome to the mad house :yup: hope you left y marbles at the front door :dance:

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2014 23:14 
Think Pink

Current ride: Awesome Ulysses & X1
looks like a bit off pink going on in your attire ..........good man ...we can be friends ...welcome to the fun palace yeeeeee haaaaaaa wb wb wb wb