It is currently 27 Apr 2024 03:53

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Newbie Buellster
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2014 21:56 
Just bought a 2001 Cyclone :clap: Thought I better introduce myself as I may need you guys and Im a big believer in forums. Essential.....especially as I now own the Buell. Already joined the AA :D seriously.

Based in Buxton at the base of the famous cat and fiddle, loads of top roads round here, had bikes for 30 years mostly Italian vtwins....

Selling my Tuono next week :| and away we go. Bike seems OK so far grey/orange, screaming eagle filter and a rather dodgy aftermarket can. So far I have just fully bled both brakes, what a difference. Starts and runs ok just needs a back tyre. Anybody tried a bigger size?

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Newbie Buellster
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2014 22:10 

Current ride: M2 Razorback
sloppy wrote:
Just bought a 2001 Cyclone :clap: Thought I better introduce myself as I may need you guys and Im a big believer in forums. Essential.....especially as I now own the Buell. Already joined the AA :D seriously.

Based in Buxton at the base of the famous cat and fiddle, loads of top roads round here, had bikes for 30 years mostly Italian vtwins....

Selling my Tuono next week :| and away we go. Bike seems OK so far grey/orange, screaming eagle filter and a rather dodgy aftermarket can. So far I have just fully bled both brakes, what a difference. Starts and runs ok just needs a back tyre. Anybody tried a bigger size?

Cheers.

Hi Sloppy. Welcome!
A wider rear tyre looks great but dulls the handling.
My Cyclone came with a 180 and I thought it was good, but when I changed it for a 170 it transformed it... much sharper.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2014 22:31 
rik wrote:
sloppy wrote:

Cheers.

Hi Sloppy. Welcome!
My Cyclone came with a 180 and I thought it was good, but when I changed it for a 170 it transformed it... much sharper.

Welcome to the Mad house, take everything with a pinch of salt! Its addictive! :rotfl: :rotfl:

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014 07:50 
sloppy wrote:
Just bought a 2001 Cyclone :clap:

Clearly a man of great taste and judgement - :yup: you have one of the best tubers made :sun: :sun: welcomes

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014 08:37 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
welcome sloppy .
Have a look for a manual in the downloads area , not sure about tubers but fuelers (XB's) you can damage wheel brg, spacers ect if over tightening axle spindle.
and the belts should be run slack to avoid damage to gearbox

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014 09:44 

Current ride: 2001 M2
FEI-LO wrote:
Clearly a man of great taste and judgement - :yup: you have one of the best tubers made :sun: :sun: welcomes

Don't I know it! :yup:

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014 09:54 

gibbsy wrote:
rik wrote:
sloppy wrote:

Cheers.

Hi Sloppy. Welcome!

Welcome to the Mad house, take everything with a pinch of salt! Its addictive! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Whatever.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014 18:39 
Think Pink

Current ride: Awesome Ulysses & X1
is your name indicative you cant get stuff in yer gob first time ;) welcome to the mad house ,fab colors your bike :yup: :D :D :D

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2014 22:35 

M2..... :yup:

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014 12:26 
Crikey....yur a friendly lot!
Summer arrived in Buxton yesterday :P so we had 70 troublefree(ish) miles out together. Replaced the horrible can with a nice shiny Beowulf nicked off the Tuono, wound up the preload, and away we went.
Noticed a little puddle of sputum and a drip from the oil breather pipe on a coffee break about 50 miles in, I assume this is just condensation burning off inside the engine, took me a few seconds to remember it was air cooled, :oooops:
Other than that really quite impressed with the ride, it can pick its heals up quite nicely and the sound...... :yup:
Bought a 170 sticky Michelin for the bike. Thanks for the advice.
Just going to fashion a plate and tail tidy to sort the back end out. Yuk.

All the best to you all.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014 17:35 

Yeah, they all tend to do that (puke a bit), just make sure that it exits away from tyre/ brakes/ foot etc...
Lots of info/ opinions on here (use Search function) about more sophisticated solutions from running the pipes high to fitting a catch can to fitting the later type from an XB which incorporate PCV valves...

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2014 17:51 
Hello znd welcome ,this an excellent place for anything Buell , but skin like leather is an advantage ,and i'm doing the opposite to yourself and selling the X1 to get an italian v twin.. :yup:

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2014 21:10 

Current ride: m2 cyclone
you will regret it. i traded tuono for my m2 .. m2 ,s rule :yup:

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2014 10:55 
Hiya sloppy (name reminds me of the wife :shock: )

Never been up the cat and fiddle roads but I understand there awesome, must have a go one day, anyway welcome to the forum mate

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2014 15:52 

Current ride: 2001 X1, EBR 1190SX
Welcome to the best forum anywhere! :yup: