Last visit was: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:12 pm It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:12 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:55 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Bradford
Hi all .. name's Simon, actually joined this forum a couple of years back but haven't been on since I sold my XB9 .. guess my old ID got deativated !

Anyway, gonna be buying another XB soon(ish) as soon as I've sold my Dyna, great bike but I prefer smaller more compact V-twins. Tempted by the new Morini Scrambler but thought I'd better stick with a known quantity ! & much better value !

Would really appreciate your thoughts / opinions on the new XB9SX vs XB12Ss ?

Also I noticed quite a few of you 'upgrade' esp. exhausts

Is there anything 'wrong' with the stock XB's or should I say .. what is a 'must' upgrade ?

cheers

Simon


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:41 pm
Posts: 1208
Current ride: Mojo
Location: Wetherbyshire
Hi Si and welcome.
As the life expectancy of the original exhaust is 12 nanoseconds, most people change them for an aftermaket pipe, or get them camcoated under warranty. A tensioner is considered necessary to prolong the life of your belt, and most folk opt for a tail tidy to enhance the looks to the detriment of performance (meaning that if it rains your back gets wetter than your front). Frame pucks and crash protectors can also be of benefit.
There is a monthly meeting at Squires in Sherburn this Thursday, and if the weather is nice there will be a selection of bikes you can view, and we can answer your questions face to face.
Hope to see you there, although you won't have the honour of meeting the giant green imp as she is working this week! :(

_________________
In a purple fug


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:39 pm
Posts: 60
Location: North Notts
Welcome to the mad house Si :yup:


You will not miss Lucky neither hes the shortest one there :hehe:

After jane that is ...... :eat:

_________________
Buells don't leak oil..... They just mark their Territory....

Buell X1
Daytona 650


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:35 pm
Posts: 1299
Current ride: 2000 x1
Location: Sherwood forest
Lucky wrote:
Hope to see you there, although you won't have the honour of meeting the giant green imp as she is working this week! :(



:ner: Pixie if you please Lucky !! Giant Green Pixie :lol: :lol:

_________________
Its a blonde thing alright!!!!!!!!!!


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:41 pm
Posts: 1208
Current ride: Mojo
Location: Wetherbyshire
Tigs wrote:
Lucky wrote:
Hope to see you there, although you won't have the honour of meeting the giant green imp as she is working this week! :(



:ner: Pixie if you please Lucky !! Giant Green Pixie :lol: :lol:


Not another spanking :D

_________________
In a purple fug


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:35 pm
Posts: 1299
Current ride: 2000 x1
Location: Sherwood forest
Lucky wrote:
Tigs wrote:
Lucky wrote:
Hope to see you there, although you won't have the honour of meeting the giant green imp as she is working this week! :(



:ner: Pixie if you please Lucky !! Giant Green Pixie :lol: :lol:


Not another spanking :D



:roll: You wish :lol: :lol:

_________________
Its a blonde thing alright!!!!!!!!!!


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:55 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Bradford
Cheers guys .. do go to Squires now & then ... can't make Thursdays at mo but will try to soon .. will have to be patient about getting my new XB9SX coz I dropped in at Leeds Harley today & had to supress my laughter when they offer only £4k for my Dyna .. guess it will sell in the end but just don't wanna loose too much !

Si


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 6:22 pm
Posts: 619
Location: Yo!vul
sifi2112 wrote:
Cheers guys .. do go to Squires now & then ... can't make Thursdays at mo but will try to soon .. will have to be patient about getting my new XB9SX coz I dropped in at Leeds Harley today & had to supress my laughter when they offer only £4k for my Dyna .. guess it will sell in the end but just don't wanna loose too much !

Si


Hi Si
I thought HD's held their value. :?: recession or what. Buells tend to bottom out around £2.5 whatever the age/model. I have a S1, but people who have 9's seem to like them. Poor deluded fools ;)

_________________
What is past is prologue
Will. Shakespeare


Top
   
 
 [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited