It is currently 20 Apr 2024 16:06

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009 06:45 

Hi all .. name's Simon, actually joined this forum a couple of years back but haven't been on since I sold my XB9 .. guess my old ID got deativated !

Anyway, gonna be buying another XB soon(ish) as soon as I've sold my Dyna, great bike but I prefer smaller more compact V-twins. Tempted by the new Morini Scrambler but thought I'd better stick with a known quantity ! & much better value !

Would really appreciate your thoughts / opinions on the new XB9SX vs XB12Ss ?

Also I noticed quite a few of you 'upgrade' esp. exhausts

Is there anything 'wrong' with the stock XB's or should I say .. what is a 'must' upgrade ?

cheers

Simon

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009 08:41 

Current ride: Mojo
Hi Si and welcome.
As the life expectancy of the original exhaust is 12 nanoseconds, most people change them for an aftermaket pipe, or get them camcoated under warranty. A tensioner is considered necessary to prolong the life of your belt, and most folk opt for a tail tidy to enhance the looks to the detriment of performance (meaning that if it rains your back gets wetter than your front). Frame pucks and crash protectors can also be of benefit.
There is a monthly meeting at Squires in Sherburn this Thursday, and if the weather is nice there will be a selection of bikes you can view, and we can answer your questions face to face.
Hope to see you there, although you won't have the honour of meeting the giant green imp as she is working this week! :(

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009 10:16 
Welcome to the mad house Si :yup:

You will not miss Lucky neither hes the shortest one there :hehe:

After jane that is ...... :eat:

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009 16:58 

Current ride: 2000 x1
Lucky wrote:
Hope to see you there, although you won't have the honour of meeting the giant green imp as she is working this week! :(

:ner: Pixie if you please Lucky !! Giant Green Pixie :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009 17:00 

Current ride: Mojo
Tigs wrote:
Lucky wrote:

Not another spanking :D

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009 17:23 

Current ride: 2000 x1
Lucky wrote:
Tigs wrote:
Lucky wrote:

Not another spanking :D

:roll: You wish :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2009 18:10 

Cheers guys .. do go to Squires now & then ... can't make Thursdays at mo but will try to soon .. will have to be patient about getting my new XB9SX coz I dropped in at Leeds Harley today & had to supress my laughter when they offer only £4k for my Dyna .. guess it will sell in the end but just don't wanna loose too much !

Si

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2009 20:32 
sifi2112 wrote:
Cheers guys .. do go to Squires now & then ... can't make Thursdays at mo but will try to soon .. will have to be patient about getting my new XB9SX coz I dropped in at Leeds Harley today & had to supress my laughter when they offer only £4k for my Dyna .. guess it will sell in the end but just don't wanna loose too much !

Si

Hi Si
I thought HD's held their value. :?: recession or what. Buells tend to bottom out around £2.5 whatever the age/model. I have a S1, but people who have 9's seem to like them. Poor deluded fools ;)