Last visit was: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:36 pm It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:36 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 59 Next
 Post subject: Re: WOT ARE YOUR PLANS
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:51 pm 

Sounds a bit similar to me, banned from school while tripping, never went back. Was a rather posh boarding school and we never really fitted in there.
I do hope there is a dawning for people after this but I also thought the changing culture in the late sixties/early seventies would lead to a fairer society but sadly not

Wilier La Triestina
Scott CR1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:02 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
conquistador wrote:
Sounds a bit similar to me, banned from school while tripping, never went back. Was a rather posh boarding school and we never really fitted in there.
I do hope there is a dawning for people after this but I also thought the changing culture in the late sixties/early seventies would lead to a fairer society but sadly not

T’was ‘the dawning of the age of Aquarius’ or something. Yes l was similarly diluded, but sort of found my way anyhow. One of my old school friends was Mike Freeney who co-founded a disability/diversity consulting company and ran a regular bar at the Glastonbury festival (see Gaurdian obituary). Shame he died in 2005. I would like to have caught up with him again before he passed over. :old:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:20 pm 

Current ride: 1999 X1
I got one day off when the county judge gave the order for non-critical businesses to shut down. We didn't need to except for many customers pulling orders in the wake of this crisis. I'm kind of critical. Our customers require our cryogenic equipment to keep oil and gas rigs, chemical/fuel plants and electricity going...no frozen bodies in our core business. We have some critical jobs right now that need addressing ASAP.

I spent my 1 day cleaning inside the house then power washing the outside, all the sidewalks and curbs on my corner lot to get all the winter muck and oak tree sheddings off of everything. Didn't get around to washing the dog, fucker's been digging in the flower bed lately. Not much fun that day.

If I had more days, I'd pull the tank off the X1 to replace the fuel pump and clean the inside, replace the lines and filter too. Which reminds me, I need to reinstall ECM Spy on a new laptop and get a new map as I've not done it since I bought this particular bike.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:48 pm 

Driving has dried up my business has dried up, no other fuckers at work, so demand has gone.....I cannot get out to Portugal as planned, but I do have a cunning plan that involves the Embassy and the fact that my business is crucial regarding the virus and holding it back in the future, so hoping I will get a pass.....If you don`t try, you don`t know...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:30 pm 
Nanny Brown

Maz wrote:
I'm just cracking on as normal....I live alone, work alone and only ever encounter other humans when I do my weekly shop, I'm self employed and have enough work to keep me busy for now....I have had lots of work cancelled due to the current situation but for now it's business as usual :?

Glad to hear you are managing to keep busy :yup: :4roz:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

Had my 1st day at home today :? .....waiting on parts that won't turn up until Tuesday or Wednesday next week.
I have 2 big jobs left over from last year (long story) when they are done, assuming I can gets parts and a crank rebuild for the second one and IF the customer for the second one still wants to go ahead ( he works as an aircraft engineer) I will have nothing to do.
I just endured a very bleak, workless winter and as soon as the new season started we got all this shit, which will potentially go on until September ?.....which means another year before I have any real business again, this could well be the last straw in The Emporiums history :sad1:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:52 pm 

Current ride: m2 cyclone
I feel for you maz, my work has fallen off a cliff , luckily ive got some money but things are going to get sticky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:06 pm 
Site Admin

I was 2 hours into a circa £2K job last week when the customer rang me up and told me to stop as he'd just lost his job.....boxed it up and now waiting for him to collect, which he can't because of the lockdown :headbang:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:41 pm 

Current ride: m2 cyclone
Think bikes will be put up for sale and prices will plummet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:50 pm 

coco wrote:
Think bikes will be put up for sale and prices will plummet

Perhaps, but who can buy?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:56 pm 

Maz wrote:
I was 2 hours into a circa £2K job last week when the customer rang me up and told me to stop as he'd just lost his job.....boxed it up and now waiting for him to collect, which he can't because of the lockdown :headbang:

Is there any kind of governmental relief for businesses in the UK? Things like freezing property rents and loan payments for instance.

I have 3 friends with their own business, 2 are liquor establishments, who are waiting for those freezes to go into effect. It's not like our restaurants who can offer take-out in lieu of eat-in, they can't sell shots-to-go. So they're in risk of shutting down for good without it because who would approve a loan for them once they've defaulted? Business like that use credit for everything they do.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:02 am 

Current ride: S1`s
The council guy was on telly enthusing that his staff were all being paid. Wanker! we have no relief from council tax you smegging bell end. :eat:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:12 am 
Site Admin

I have to find £1800 cash by the end of this month to pay my landlords rent deposit for the next 12 months.....he will not consider any compromise on either that or the monthly payments of £500 by direct debit :headbang:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:18 am 
Site Admin

....meanwhile, I'm currently inundated with calls on a daily basis from people wanting advice or parts whilst they're spannering their own Buells at home during the lockdown :sad1:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:54 am 

Current ride: XB9SX
You could try charging a modest consultancy fee based on receipt of an emailed question? If there’s that many calling couldn’t that create a sort of ‘crowd funding’ to offset your rent deposit! :idea:

[ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 59 Next