Last visit was: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:55 am It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:55 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:07 am 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
We are now on the discount list for http://www.opieoils.co.uk.

I have used this place many times for service items for cars and bikes and have found them to be very competitive. They do 20/50s to suit Buells (I am not here to start an argument as to whether it is better than HD or not).

It is worth registering as you will be notified of special offers from time to time, like free delivery or additional discount.

Here are your instructions:

OPie Oils wrote:
Dear Nick,

Thanks for your club application - we've added UK Buell Enthusiasts Group to our list of supported clubs. Your members can now get discounts of at least 10% off our usual prices by registering on our web site. Once registered on our web site and logged in as a member of your club, the prices shown include members discounts, with the normal public price crossed through, for information. All prices shown include VAT, unlike some of the competition.

Your members need to choose your club from the list of clubs when registering. They'll also need to enter their club membership number (if you use them) or forum user name... the direct link for your members to register is https://www.opieoils.co.uk/createaccount-short.aspx

You indicated that you didn't want oil advice on your application, but I'd be grateful if you'd let your members know that they can PM "oilman" if they'd like for free recommendations from across the 8 major oil brands we stock. In our experience, having an oil recommendations thread is a good way of sharing knowledge amongst the community, so if you reconsider, drop me a line.

Looking ahead, if we have special offers for your members or announcements (e.g. future "discount weekends" and competitions), whereabouts on the forum would you like me to make them? We like to think that we are much more than just "a trader" - we are offering discounts and will get involved in contributing to your forum wherever there is anything that lies within our area of expertise - so we do look for a bit of flexibility from forums in allowing us to post offers and competitions. If this is likely to cause a problem, it would be best to address this now rather than later! Please can you ensure that any other moderators (and any new ones that come on board) are aware that you have applied to join our club discount scheme, and that we are, in essence, in partnership: we provide discounts and a service to you and you provide us with a route to market.

If you require any Opie Oils banners or artwork, there is a selection of both in various sizes available on our web site at http://www.opieoils.co.uk/images/media

Finally, if you have any ideas on how best we can serve your members, or if there are products you would like us to stock, please let me know!

With best regards
Guy ("oilman") and Paul @ Opie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:01 pm 

Do we still get discount at Opie oils ?

Just registered and bought some oil - but did not get any club discount ...

...maybe it was because the Silkolene oil I ordered was already on offer ?

Also wanted to take advantage of their £1 delivery charge offer - it ends at midnight.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:08 pm 
proff. patpending

Yeah we still do, or we did a few weeks back...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:02 am 

Have used this company for years they go on all the kit car bike sites etc, you can ring them to discuss oils and they are very helpful. Great company.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:14 am 
proff. patpending

Me too. I even went to see them once.

[ 5 posts ]