Last visit was: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:18 pm It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:18 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Login problem
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 pm
Posts: 4409
Current ride: The wife
Location: Cofa's tree
I have just noticed a problem
On the first page, On the toolbar? where it says Home, Forum, Downloads...so on and so on...it also includes login. When i use that it...i logon using my details and submit it...i am then taken back to the front page and cannot access the social...until i login using the logon facility below the aformentioned tool bar...is this a problem or something im doing wrong

Also i cannot login using my mobile phone...i enter my user name and password and i get a page telling me that my user name or password are incorrect...which is a bit odd as they seem to work ok when i login using a PC

Hope its not too much of a headache to sort...but i thought it best to mention it

Ta

_________________
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Login problem
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:12 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Stamford, Lincolnshire
I'v been having a similar problem i can sign into the forum ok, but wanted to upload a pic into the members pictures area but when i try to log in it say incorrect login name and or password!!! ?
Just put it down to the fact that there are some large picture files in there and it had been locked until they where sorted ?

_________________
09 XB12Ss long all fixed and back to being long
I'd rather push a buell than ride a Harley


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Login problem
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:40 pm 
Offline
Needs more cowbell
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:09 am
Posts: 9013
Current ride: None
Location: Southampton
Log in with all lower case

_________________
"With square conduct, level steps, and upright intentions ..”


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Login problem
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 pm
Posts: 4409
Current ride: The wife
Location: Cofa's tree
Finmows wrote:
I have just noticed a problem
On the first page, On the toolbar? where it says Home, Forum, Downloads...so on and so on...it also includes login. When i use that it...i logon using my details and submit it...i am then taken back to the front page and cannot access the social...until i login using the logon facility below the aformentioned tool bar...is this a problem or something im doing wrong

Ash wrote:
Log in with all lower case

Have tried that but the problem still persists


Finmows wrote:
Also i cannot login using my mobile phone...i enter my user name and password and i get a page telling me that my user name or password are incorrect...which is a bit odd as they seem to work ok when i login using a PC

if i logon following the same procedure as mentioned above...i can login with my mobile...looks a bit wierd though

_________________
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Login problem
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:30 am
Posts: 31
Location: Manchester
My own password will is not being recognized.
I'm obviously IN (by typing this) but only after going through a tedious 'lost PW' facility and using the one generated in the e-mail.
I have tried all permutations, nothing works.
If this is the ONLY way of getting in - this will be my last post, I have better things to do.
This website forum doesn't work with the iPhone, Safari, or Chrome.
It obviously IS doing something but it's a painful login. :headbang:

_________________
You won't see me coming cos I crashed it.....
You'll see me on crutches though


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Login problem
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:28 pm
Posts: 7259
Current ride: Muffin 2001 X1
Never have a problem logging in here ........................just thought i'd let you know that ;)

_________________
2001 X1 2009 1125CR 2006 Uly oh and some Chinese/German hybrid


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Login problem
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:16 pm 
Offline
Needs more cowbell
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:09 am
Posts: 9013
Current ride: None
Location: Southampton
Daze Off wrote:
This website forum doesn't work with the iPhone, Safari, or Chrome.
It obviously IS doing something but it's a painful login. :headbang:


The website/forum isn't designed with phone use in mind, that said, I know of plenty on here that use phones to access the site.

Daze Off wrote:
If this is the ONLY way of getting in - this will be my last post, I have better things to do.


:Dummy: :coat:

Many, many hours of unpaid work are put into this forum and its not for the likes of the minority who insist on using this forum on their phone instead of a PC. If you can access it on a phone, awesome. If you cant ... hey-ho, use a PC like the other 99% of its members do :)

_________________
"With square conduct, level steps, and upright intentions ..”


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Login problem
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 6:18 pm
Posts: 1606
Current ride: CB1300, Z750, R1200
Location: Esslingen/Neckar, Germany
What? You have to log in? Why? I'm logged in automatically. Don't even know my password ...

_________________
"It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living."
Terry Pratchett


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Login problem
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:47 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:45 pm
Posts: 914
Location: Beds
Daze Off wrote:
This website forum doesn't work with the iPhone, Safari, or Chrome.


Err, actually it does, I & several others regularly use Safari, I can access it perfectly on an iPhone & have just tried it using Chrome from a PC, so perhaps it's you! ;)

_________________
Buell '96/'98 S1
KTM 690 Duke
Yamaha XT500


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Login problem
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:50 pm 
Offline
Needs more cowbell
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:09 am
Posts: 9013
Current ride: None
Location: Southampton
gunter wrote:
What? You have to log in? Why? I'm logged in automatically. Don't even know my password ...


Thats ok Gunter, the rest of us do ;) lOl

_________________
"With square conduct, level steps, and upright intentions ..”


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Login problem
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 6:18 pm
Posts: 1606
Current ride: CB1300, Z750, R1200
Location: Esslingen/Neckar, Germany
How can you all know my password?

_________________
"It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living."
Terry Pratchett


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Login problem
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:07 pm 
Offline
Needs more cowbell
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:09 am
Posts: 9013
Current ride: None
Location: Southampton
lOl lOl :hehe:

_________________
"With square conduct, level steps, and upright intentions ..”


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Login problem
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:12 pm
Posts: 172
Location: London
Ash wrote:

Many, many hours of unpaid work are put into this forum and its not for the likes of the minority who insist on using this forum on their phone instead of a PC. If you can access it on a phone, awesome. If you cant ... hey-ho, use a PC like the other 99% of its members do :)


And it is much appreciated Ash. :4roz: :worthy:

I'm on the forum more than I use Sky TV (or work) and I pay them £££'s a month

BTW iPhone works fine with the forum.

I think the problem mentioned in the original post (not really a problem) is that the login on the front page of ukbeg does not parse the logged in info to the forum engine.

I just log in to the forum - no problems.

_________________
sk1d00

09 XB12Ss Lightning Long


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Login problem
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:16 pm 
Offline
Needs more cowbell
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:09 am
Posts: 9013
Current ride: None
Location: Southampton
sk1d00 wrote:
And it is much appreciated Ash. :4roz: :worthy:

I'm on the forum more than I use Sky TV (or work) and I pay them £££'s a month



You are more than welcome, tis for my benefit too!

I am lucky enough to have a great team that works (puts up with!) me and also does a fine job :D

And yes, I have the full sky package ... dont watch feck all of it (apart from the Golf tonight!) lOl :oooops:

_________________
"With square conduct, level steps, and upright intentions ..”


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Login problem
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:23 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 pm
Posts: 9010
Current ride: X1 2001 White Riot
Location: southampton
Ash wrote:
sk1d00 wrote:
And it is much appreciated Ash. :4roz: :worthy:

I'm on the forum more than I use Sky TV (or work) and I pay them £££'s a month



You are more than welcome, tis for my benefit too!

I am lucky enough to have a great team that works (puts up with!) me and also does a fine job :D

And yes, I have the full sky package ... dont watch feck all of it (apart from the Golf tonight!) lOl :oooops:


Ash the 18 holes of Tiger Woods ...aint wot you think it is :ner:

and to ALL those who keep this place working :clap: :clap: :worthy:
I salute you :app:

_________________
Obey the principles without being bound by them.
Bruce Lee


Last edited by Nutah on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 
 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited