It is currently 26 Apr 2024 20:12

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: WANTED - XB12SCG OR S
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2017 13:04 

Current ride: Pending....
Hi All,

I've never owned a Buell however have wanted one for years! Whenever I am about to get one something else has cropped up or I've gone for the safe option of a Bonneville etc... however, the time is NOW! I need to scratch the itch and get on an XB12.

I would prefer the SCG as I am a whopping 5'4" however I'd consider a standard height XB12, as for budget I'd ideally like to keep it around the £4k mark however can stretch for the right bike (being 5'4 I'm quite used to stretching for most things).

If you have or know of anything you think might be suitable please PM me or email "matbat (at) gmail . com"

Many thanks and happy riding!! :mrgreen:

Mat

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2017 18:11 
Nanny Brown

Welcome.

Have you ever tried different Buells for size? There are a few of us who live in the Hampshire/West Sussex area who have a variety of different Buells. I am 5'3" and ride an Scg and its perfect for me but then I need the security of being able to get at least the balls of my feet on the ground, you may be happy to just have your toes on the ground.

I am sure there will be an opportunity in the not-too-distant future for some of us to meet up and you can see which bike you would be happiest riding. :yup:

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2017 22:23 

Current ride: Pending....
Thanks Gill,

I have sat on an XB9SX which was okay, so I'm by no means just focusing on the SCG. At the moment I'm just waiting for someone to sell any XB12 (but not a long for me).

I am fast learning that you Buell lot are sentimental bunch and are more likely to sell your children,husband,wife,dog (delete as appropriate) than your pride and joy. It does bode well that when I do Finally get one I'll have found something quite special!

M

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2017 23:01 
Nanny Brown

Scg's are quite rare...and no, I am not going to be selling mine...sorry. :yup:

Good luck with your search. I am sure you will find one soon.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2017 22:27 

Current ride: XB12SS
Matt, I am 5'5" and the standard xb12s is fine. The Bonnie will feel like a moped after you get a Buell. I mean torque-wise. Not ridden a 'long' so can't comment on that.
I am having trouble finding one to buy myself. I just know I'm going to end up spending too much on one out of desperation!

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2017 09:39 

MatBat wrote:
Thanks Gill,

I have sat on an XB9SX which was okay, so I'm by no means just focusing on the SCG. At the moment I'm just waiting for someone to sell any XB12 (but not a long for me).

I am fast learning that you Buell lot are sentimental bunch and are more likely to sell your children,husband,wife,dog (delete as appropriate) than your pride and joy. It does bode well that when I do Finally get one I'll have found something quite special!

M

Just delete 'dog' and that'll do us. We draw the line on that one lOl lOl lOl

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2017 21:07 
Nanny Brown

Adam wrote:
MatBat wrote:
Thanks Gill,

M

Just delete 'dog' and that'll do us. We draw the line on that one lOl lOl lOl

....even Bitey bastids... :yup: :4roz: