It is currently 28 Mar 2024 19:10

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 19:16 
Having just bought my first Buell, I'm unused to having so much wind blast.....I've seen these tall screens, does anybody have one they'd like to get rid off?

I've also been advised that the standard exhaust should be replaced as soon as I can manage it! Is this the general consensus??

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 20:48 

What bikes have you come off? Most people don't have any problem below 100, maybe just a tweak to your riding stance will sort it, slide a bit further back in the seat, spread your arms to drop your shoulders, ride it more like a mountain bike / moto-x / supermoto.

Tall screens might reduce wind blast but they will increase buffeting. I prefer wind blast.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 14:08 
Zero gravity extended screen is what you want.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2009 01:13 
Thanks guys, I'll soon find out if I want to pursue the screen! I've only ridden a faired bike before (leaning over the tank) I can escape from the wind so as yet I'm still unused to the full force of the wind. I'll get used to it I'm sure!

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2009 07:09 

Hi Baroness,

Please accept my apologies for not realizing who was visiting my humble abode last week when you came to look at the Buell !

Hope all has gone well with your trip to Germany and the lack of a screen hasn't spoilt it.

I assume you are the re-incarnation of said lady ?
Baroness Emma Orczy (full name: Emma ("Emmuska") Magdolna Rozália Mária Jozefa Borbála Orczy de Orczi) (September 23, 1865 – November 12, 1947) was a British novelist, playwright and artist of Hungarian noble origin. She was most notable for her series of novels featuring the Scarlet Pimpernel. Some of her paintings were exhibited at the Royal Academy in London.

Dave

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2009 09:37 

Current ride: Mojo
I have an unused screen that came off a 2007 model Ully. I don't know whether this is of any use to you. Think they tend to look a bit odd on the lightning.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2009 07:40 
Lucky wrote:
I have an unused screen that came off a 2007 model Ully. I don't know whether this is of any use to you. Think they tend to look a bit odd on the lightning.

You could fix this straight to your helmet :roll: