It is currently 26 Apr 2024 08:41

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Ully and bits
PostPosted: 08 May 2010 18:38 

So Iv'e just ordered a Moto Guzzi, If anyone wants my black 07 Ully with only 2312 miles on it, all they have to do is bid say £250 more than the 4k the dealer is giving me in part x.

In addition I have a low seat, workshop manual and still boxed and unused Quill zorst

Post subject: Re: Ully and bits
PostPosted: 10 May 2010 10:09 

hello shifty , do you still have the seat and manual , and what are you asking for them ?

PostPosted: 10 May 2010 15:10 

Current ride: XB12XT
Go back to the dealer and tell him you want to do a cash deal....bet he'll sell the bike to you cheaper for cash !!

Then you can advertise your Buell cheaper and so sell it quicker !

Is it a Griso you're getting ???

Eric.

'83 CX650 Custom
Green "4 Legged" SUV

PostPosted: 10 May 2010 21:32 

Manual say £10 plus postage but the seat has just been recovered with a double density foam, supposed to be better than gell, Iv'e ridden it twice since, so say £100 plus postage, which is cheaper than the recovering so the seat is free!

Iv'e just bought a Stelvio with the new engine mapping, test rides are hard to come by but eventually took the better half 40 miles, she is not as impressed as she was with a Victory and the Victory is IMO built better but I can't do this feet forward bit. There aint enough two cylinder bikes that are still big enough for two!

PostPosted: 12 May 2010 17:16 

Plenty of 2-cylinder BMW models big enough to carry two......

Eric.

'83 CX650 Custom
Green "4 Legged" SUV

PostPosted: 16 May 2010 19:18 

ericry wrote:
Plenty of 2-cylinder BMW models big enough to carry two......

Eric.

:yc: I aint quite old enough for one of those, I'm only just startin' to grow a belly and beard so that I can get into a Harley shop, BM's come later!
Must be a way of editing the original post? all bits are SOLD, thanks for looking and I'l let you know if the Guzzi is good or bad!

PostPosted: 18 May 2010 16:13 

A friend bought a new Stelvio, sold it on pretty quick afterwards and is now on a F800GS which he seems to like - but he's time and money on his hands to swap as often as he wants and he's retired semi-young !!

Some of the more modern BMW's more than hold their own in terms of performance and some are more armchair like...depends on what you're looking for.

I lke the newer K models (not twins) which are very nippy !

Eric.

'83 CX650 Custom
Green "4 Legged" SUV

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2010 18:51 
hmm, i tested a Stelvio with the 8v engine before deciding to buy a Ulysses - it didnt excite me much and it doesnt corner as well - all the usable extra grunt is above 5k and it just seems wrong having to rev a guzzi. It was more comfortable though.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2010 20:18 

:D The Stelvio is ok, there are a few faults as with any new bike, I find the shaft drive very unforgiving when you put the power on or off, no stretch like a belt but you get used to a bit more finesse!
The screen is an abortion, noise and buffeting all the time, Iv'e replaced it with aftermarket items, cut it down, made spoilers and now decided its got to come off.
This however, does not appear peculiar to any make, the stratosphere seems full of blogs complaining about naf screens.
The new cams cure the power delivery, its now linear, much smoother and more powerful than the Buel.
Iv'e more than doubled the amount of miles I cover, use it all the time and Sue is always ready for a ride (bet that gets a comment or two!) and joy! there is no fan to embarrass you every time you stop.
It is different and an acquired taste, much like the Buel, I would certainly have bought another Buel and I would buy another Guzzi.
Everyone has a kawayamahon, I like to be different and will endure a few 'quirks' because you meet a better class of anorak. :roll:

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2010 20:20 

hopefully I have managed to pm u re the manual and poss the tool kit