It is currently 19 Apr 2024 17:32

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010 09:07 

PLEASE NOTE: I HAVE JUST RECEIVED CONFIRMATION OF DELIVERY OF MY NEW MOTORCYCLE AND WILL BE PICKING IT UP IN THE SECOND WEEK OF SEPTEMBER.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MAKE ME AN OFFER BEFORE THIS DATE AS I DON'T WANT A TRADER TO GET THE BENEFIT OF BUYING THIS BIKE!

Due to the purchase of a new motorcycle my Buell Ulysses XB12XT is unexpectedley up for sale. I'd love to keep this bike but I really can't afford to have two bikes in the garage.

12 MONTHS WARRANTY REMAINING ON THIS MOTORCYCLE

This comes with all the luggage and the excellent back rest which my wife will miss greatly. I also have the Buell underseat pack and Buell handlebar bag.

Extras fitted are as follows: Palmer Products screen raiser, bar ends, hand guard extenders, lower fairing mud flap and crash bungs.

This also comes with the factory fit Buell Quest (Garmin) Sat Nav which was originally a £600 plus extra. This is all working with the documentation and accessories.

CRG adjustable levers.

Touratech auxilary lights. The standard headlamp bulbs which are rubbish (and in my opinion dangerous) have been replaced with Philips extra bright bulbs so that you can see where you are going.

The bike also comes with a Sabre engineering exhaust and I also have a brand new standard exhaust (fully cam coated warranty replacement) to go with the bike.

Also fitted is a Piper Cross free flow air filter.

Heat blankets under the seat to keep you cool during the summer.

For much better running and more performance the 02 sensor is disconnected (this does not harm the bike in any way and stops the ecu from confusing itself and running too lean) and the fuelling has been increased from 89% (factory standard) to 100% an unofficial Buell mod that allows the engine to run much more smoothly and to rev more freely. (Mod carried out by Buell dealer)

I use the bike on a regular basis, however as the bike is only 1 year old the bike is obviously in very good condition. It has a new rear tyre fitted and I also have a new front which will come with the bike. I didn't fit this as the front tyre still has lots of tread on it.

12 MONTHS BUELL WARRANTY REMAINING ON THIS BIKE.

Any questions please ask. You can e-mail, call or text.
07853894897/01323741121/john.deverereux@jasper1997.mail1.co.uk

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010 17:23 

How many miles?
Service history?
Colour?

Thanks.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010 17:30 

Current ride: K100 CBR1000F z550Gt
att wrote:
How many miles?
Service history?
Colour?

Thanks.

Found some of Gary Glitter's old boots have you :?:

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010 17:43 

buelyssesxt12 wrote:
PLEASE NOTE: I HAVE JUST RECEIVED CONFIRMATION OF DELIVERY OF MY NEW MOTORCYCLE AND WILL BE PICKING IT UP IN THE SECOND WEEK OF SEPTEMBER.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MAKE ME AN OFFER BEFORE THIS DATE AS I DON'T WANT A TRADER TO GET THE BENEFIT OF BUYING THIS BIKE!

Due to the purchase of a new motorcycle my Buell Ulysses XB12XT is unexpectedley up for sale. I'd love to keep this bike but I really can't afford to have two bikes in the garage.

12 MONTHS WARRANTY REMAINING ON THIS MOTORCYCLE

This comes with all the luggage and the excellent back rest which my wife will miss greatly. I also have the Buell underseat pack and Buell handlebar bag.

Extras fitted are as follows: Palmer Products screen raiser, bar ends, hand guard extenders, lower fairing mud flap and crash bungs.

This also comes with the factory fit Buell Quest (Garmin) Sat Nav which was originally a £600 plus extra. This is all working with the documentation and accessories.

CRG adjustable levers.

Touratech auxilary lights. The standard headlamp bulbs which are rubbish (and in my opinion dangerous) have been replaced with Philips extra bright bulbs so that you can see where you are going.

The bike also comes with a Sabre engineering exhaust and I also have a brand new standard exhaust (fully cam coated warranty replacement) to go with the bike.

Also fitted is a Piper Cross free flow air filter.

Heat blankets under the seat to keep you cool during the summer.

For much better running and more performance the 02 sensor is disconnected (this does not harm the bike in any way and stops the ecu from confusing itself and running too lean) and the fuelling has been increased from 89% (factory standard) to 100% an unofficial Buell mod that allows the engine to run much more smoothly and to rev more freely. (Mod carried out by Buell dealer)

I use the bike on a regular basis, however as the bike is only 1 year old the bike is obviously in very good condition. It has a new rear tyre fitted and I also have a new front which will come with the bike. I didn't fit this as the front tyre still has lots of tread on it.

12 MONTHS BUELL WARRANTY REMAINING ON THIS BIKE.

Any questions please ask. You can e-mail, call or text.
07853894897/01323741121/john.deverereux@jasper1997.mail1.co.uk

Sounds good..!

Which dealer carried out the fueling mod? not heard of that trick before.. :sun:

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010 17:46 

Yes, I was curious as to which Dealer carried out this fueling mod. Please tell us :?

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010 18:32 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
Welcome Buellysses12xt shame you came on shouting but seems you aren't hanging around anyway.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010 19:12 

Adam wrote:
Yes, I was curious as to which Dealer carried out this fueling mod. Please tell us :?

I'm curious as to why it will still run :shock:

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010 19:31 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
It will still run, but there will be no closed loop correction - I am guessing the CEL lamp will be on though - unless the bulb has been removed or disconnected. The 89% to 100% fuelling increase sounds like the AFV being reset, but if it was running at 89% before, this suggests there is a problem, and more than likely, based on ph's issues and the hush-hush HDB interception of Euro bikes prior to delivery to the UK, this problem is with the throttle body/TPS/idle stabilisation valve.

I wonder what happened to the Powerizer that was fitted to this bike (aren't forums great?).

If you do some digging you can find the original purchase price

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010 23:20 

Apologies for delay but work gets in the way.

Colour red. Mileage 7500, Buell service history.

89% fueling is factory set not a fault.

It was a Buell technician who did the mod and yes the light comes on but this is not an issue.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2010 23:21 

Re the powerizer. I sold it as the mod works better. Yes forums are great.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010 09:03 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160472095656&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Item listed on e-bay and there are pictures here.

Just to confirm that I've had no issues with the bike (it's used on a daily basis to get me to and from work) and that the mod was suggested and carried out by the technician at my local Buell dealership. It took him about 10 minutes.
The only reason that I am selling the bike is that I was made an offer on a new bike that I couldn't refuse.
All post 2007 Buells with the later self learning DDI 111 ecu are set to 89% fuel as they are run lean for emissions. (quote from Buell technician) Contrary to the post by Pash this is not a fault and I've had no issues with tps/throttle body or idle control. In any event the bike is still covered by the remaining warranty.
I hope this clarifies the issue. :D

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010 09:33 

buelyssesxt12 wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160472095656&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Item listed on e-bay and there are pictures here.

Just to confirm that I've had no issues with the bike (it's used on a daily basis to get me to and from work) and that the mod was suggested and carried out by the technician at my local Buell dealership. It took him about 10 minutes.
The only reason that I am selling the bike is that I was made an offer on a new bike that I couldn't refuse.
All post 2007 Buells with the later self learning DDI 111 ecu are set to 89% fuel as they are run lean for emissions. (quote from Buell technician) Contrary to the post by Pash this is not a fault and I've had no issues with tps/throttle body or idle control. In any event the bike is still covered by the remaining warranty.

Errr.......not really, you've still not said which Dealership did it?
Will you sell the 02 sensor seperately and fit a blanking plug?

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010 10:20 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
buelyssesxt12 wrote:

Thanks for clarifying, you obviously know your stuff when it comes to ECMs :worthy:

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010 11:03 

No I'm not selling the 02 sensor.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2010 19:48 

I am really thinking about this bike and you are only 9 miles away from me, but because you come over as a bit of a wanker, I am loathe to contact you regarding it.