All times are UTC

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2017 10:34 

Current ride: X1 Lightning 2001/02
Dropped you a PM here and via FB :yup:

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2017 21:41 

Current ride: XB9R
CHURCHILL wrote:
Dave,

Mid 50 ish is not old, I am around that [plus] and intend to keep riding as long as I can get my leg over a bike even if it means tipping it over at an angle no scooters for me that's akin to riding side saddle.

Ask yourself what it would be like without a bike, if you won't miss it all's good but I know folk who still hanker after one years after retirement its an individual choice.

Having a Buell is somewhat like exotica "okay" some folk may curse and swear at them BUT could you replace it, it's not like having a jap bike that are two ha-penny or even a Harley :D could you replace it only you can answer that.

Churchill,

All good sentiments, all of which I agree with.

Mid 50's is not old, but the provisional plan is to buy a place that will need a huge amount of work: I can fit kikcens, lay floors, move walls, re-plumb the whole place. I am not averse to some DIY but it would take some time to get there on my budget / income. If it takes 10 years, then you have to start thinking that now is the time to start.

As for bikes, do not for one moment think that I am hanging up the leathers. Maybe 30 years ago I had a Moto Morini 3 1/2 sport, breathed on by Benjy Straw to a 3 3/4 with the (then requisite) Gold Commander clip-ons and all the usual extras. Part of the plan is to recreate that bike, using an early Moto Morini motor oand frams, but adding in some of the more modern parts now available. OK, some will say than topping out at just over 110mph is way too slow but, TBH, its been a long time since I exceeded that.

Dave

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2017 21:52 

Current ride: XB9R
Adam wrote:
I was thinking more about taking your Lotus out for a spanking lOl

Well, it always needs some of what I call "exercise" and you are certainly always welcome to come down and exercise it for a bit.

The local owners club have regular Sunday morning "gym sessions" where they all "exercise" their cars, long before the usual Sunday morning drivers get up, and you are welcome to take it out for a run with the pack. (Remember that all of them know every inch of the roads, so they have an edge.)

If you just want to spank it, we can both get to Sproutfest early and you can have a hoon - IF the roads are dry (you can get away with murder in the dry - if its damp, don't even try).

Dave

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2017 21:35 

Current ride: XB9SX
You have another pm Dave. ;)

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2017 22:14 
Nanny Brown

Maybe I might take up your offer before you head north Dave. Xx

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2017 07:27 

Current ride: m2 cyclone
Bring it all to sproutfest🤔😁 could bankrupt kev :rotfl: