It is currently 26 Apr 2024 20:10

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Jeep Wrangler
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2015 22:13 

Current ride: Buell Lightning x1
Jeep Wrangler on a '99 plate.
Sadly for me it has come to the time to let my much loved wrangler go to somebody else. I really love these jeeps, this is my third in a row. Great fun and really versatile. This one draws looks wherever you go and never fails to put a smile on my face.
Comes with a soft top, which I have found to be the easiest way to go topless.
She has always been maintained well and runs like a dream. Always starts on the button and has never really let me down.
She has been used off road, why wouldn't you? So don't expect immaculate paintwork, bodywork is straight with just marks and scratches from brambles etc.
She has been well modified and I think the best way to go is just to list the extras.

Old Man Emu 4 inch lift.
JKS anti roll bar quick disconnects for full articulation
Transfer case drop
Heavy Duty rear wheel carrier
Incubus off road alloy wheels
33 inch BF Goodrich mud terrains on all wheels. Only done about 2000 miles at a cost of £160 per wheel
Poison Spider internal roll cage, much stronger and safer than standard
Full set of Husky floor liners, £240 all in
Rough country adjustable control arms front and rear, upper and lower.
Rear track bar relocator
Heavy duty steering damper
Heavy duty front winch bumper with rock crawler bar and tow shackles
Tuffy rear boot security box to protect items when the roof is down, which should be most of the time if you drive one of these
Cherry bomb sports exhaust to make the most of that 4.0l straight six sound, if they dont see you then they damn well will hear you.
Rear cage light guards
There is probably other stuff that I have forgotten but this jeep drives really well with no death wobble. If you know jeeps then you will be aware that this list adds up to thousands of pounds worth of extras. She really does look the business.

She does have some bad points but all in all not anything major.
There is a small amount of rust on the panel below the passenger door. I was going to treat it and cover with chequer plate. I have included a photo to show this.
The drivers mirror glass is broken, still usable but there you go.
The rear UJ is worn, still ok but will need replacing, £16 and a half an hour job. These go yearly on a lifted Jeep.
The rear upper control arms need poly bushes making for them. They are new but that is the way I would go with them.
The tow bar needs the electrics wiring.
The horn doesn't work and the airbag light is on, needs new clockspring on the steering wheel to fix, £70. May be simpler than this but worst case scenario,
The interior carpets are a bit dirty and have some burns in the rear but are covered by the Husky liners.
There are a couple of small tears in the sides of the roof. The rear window is a sod to get out, but I put the roof down with it still attached, no biggy.

Please believe me when I say I don't really want to sell, more have to as circumstances have changed.

Closest offer to £6500 gets it.

Attachment:
20150705_150019 (Small).jpg
20150705_150019 (Small).jpg [ 73 KiB | Viewed 670 times ]