It is currently 28 Mar 2024 13:42

All times are UTC

Post subject: Harley...
PostPosted: 07 May 2009 13:31 

A friend sent me an email today, about ebay item 190305683228 .

Admittedly not everyones cup of tea, but made me giggle :)

Bike originally came from Oxford HD. Just wondering how much more significant the next bike is going to cost, as the first one was only £15!

Post subject: Re: Harley...
PostPosted: 07 May 2009 13:43 

Quote:
The reason for sale is I went to the Bridgwater Chapter Cider Rally the weekend and have commited myself in a moment of drunken champagne madness to a significantly more expensive Harley. If I dont reply to your emails it is because the wife has found out what im up too!, but I like to live on the edge.

Badass or what ? Image

What a complete and utter tosser !

PostPosted: 07 May 2009 13:44 

The auction.

And wot Diggsy sez.

PostPosted: 07 May 2009 13:53 

Thanks guys, for reinforcing my views on the forum..

PostPosted: 07 May 2009 22:45 

Current ride: X1 Lightning 2001/02
:rofl:
Least the sat nav won't have had much use with the respectable mileage racked up (probably not seen rain either) :lol: on that hawg...Fcking hell why would some one post a load of crap like that in the selling text, make you just want to buy don't it .....NOT.:rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: 08 May 2009 08:43 

Current ride: Mojo
What a lemon - both of them

PostPosted: 08 May 2009 09:24 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
It says 'no reserve' would have been a laugh if it went for a couple of grand :twisted:

PostPosted: 09 May 2009 15:46 
If you have more money than sence, you can have a new Harley every 10 minates!!! Unlike the "Real Harley" riders, who spent 3 years saving for his Harley, so he can buy it for "cash", and not go into debt!!!!!
Its a different world!!!!! :ffs:

PostPosted: 09 May 2009 18:23 

1958model wrote:
If you have more money than sence, you can have a new Harley every 10 minates!!! Unlike the "Real Harley" riders, who spent 3 years saving for his Harley, so he can buy it for "cash", and not go into debt!!!!!

Cool, i am sure my friend will appreciate hearing how he didnt have to save up for the one he is selling....

His perogitive in trading a very nearly new bike in for another i guess. Hmm, and yes, he bought the last one with cash, and the new one too. Shame people seem fit to comment on things that they know fuck all about.

So, a REAL Harley rider is defined by how much money they can save then.... Sure they will be glad to hear that.

PostPosted: 09 May 2009 20:47 
That beard looks familiar

Kev wrote:
1958model wrote:

Cool, i am sure my friend will appreciate hearing how he didnt have to save up for the one he is selling....

His perogitive in trading a very nearly new bike in for another i guess. Hmm, and yes, he bought the last one with cash, and the new one too. Shame people seem fit to comment on things that they know fuck all about.

So, a REAL Harley rider is defined by how much money they can save then.... Sure they will be glad to hear that.

Trouble is Kev, not how much they save, its how much they loose, he's probably lost £1,500-£2,000 by it just going out the door. :twisted:

DG 21 :-)

PostPosted: 09 May 2009 23:28 
Milf Hunter

Current ride: '98 S1
People earn their money in different ways and spend it as they see fit.
Buying a bike has never been (and never should be) about calculating the depreciation, or else it would be a non starter.
I've got a mate whose Christmas bonus equals more than I earn in 5 years, but I do not begrudge him the fact that he can afford a new bike whenever he wants one.
We've toured all over Europe, ridden the same roads, got wet, got punctures and got pissed together and I've only ever thought of him as someone who shares my passion for bikes. If I had his money, I'd be doing the same, sampling as many bikes as I could.
So what is a real Harley Rider these days? Some one who saves for three years to get the bike they want? I think you'll find that many of us do that, regardless of the make of bike. Some of us for much longer.
In my opinion, the definition of a "Real" Harley rider, is not about the way he paid for the bike or whether it is covered in tassles or not, or whether the rider chooses to wear those Gay fucking Chaps, or even the ability to spanner the bike themselves, but it is the amount of numerals that are showing in the middle of that speedo. ;)

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 00:07 

mojomick wrote:
Gay fucking Chaps,

:rofl:

Its good to Torque

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 09:40 

These people with more money than sense can as far as i'm concerned carry on purchasing new motorcycles, then when there fed up wive um we can get um cheaper 2nd hand wive fuck all miles on em.

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 09:56 

mojomick wrote:
People earn their money in different ways and spend it as they see fit.
Buying a bike has never been (and never should be) about calculating the depreciation, or else it would be a non starter.
I've got a mate whose Christmas bonus equals more than I earn in 5 years, but I do not begrudge him the fact that he can afford a new bike whenever he wants one.
We've toured all over Europe, ridden the same roads, got wet, got punctures and got pissed together and I've only ever thought of him as someone who shares my passion for bikes. If I had his money, I'd be doing the same, sampling as many bikes as I could.
So what is a real Harley Rider these days? Some one who saves for three years to get the bike they want? I think you'll find that many of us do that, regardless of the make of bike. Some of us for much longer.
In my opinion, the definition of a "Real" Harley rider, is not about the way he paid for the bike or whether it is covered in tassles or not, or whether the rider chooses to wear those Gay fucking Chaps, or even the ability to spanner the bike themselves, but it is the amount of numerals that are showing in the middle of that speedo. ;)

:clap: :clap:

PostPosted: 11 May 2009 17:29 
Toyboy1584 wrote:
Kev wrote:
1958model wrote:

Trouble is Kev, not how much they save, its how much they loose, he's probably lost £1,500-£2,000 by it just going out the door. :twisted:

Is he selling the chaps?